Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Official Departures Day?

Post information relating to Yeovilton airshow here.
Two66

Official Departures Day?

Post by Two66 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:14 pm

Is there an official departures day for Yeovilton? I'm currently unlikely to be able to attend on the Saturday but I'm free on the Sunday and it would be great to see some of the static display depart!

Last year I was at the Westlands Centenary Air Day the day after Yeovilton at saw a Typhoon depart Yeovilton and blast past.

Is it just a case of everything leaving when it wants?

Malcolm

Re: Official Departures Day?

Post by Malcolm » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:46 pm

Two66 wrote:Is there an official departures day for Yeovilton? I'm currently unlikely to be able to attend on the Saturday but I'm free on the Sunday and it would be great to see some of the static display depart!

Last year I was at the Westlands Centenary Air Day the day after Yeovilton at saw a Typhoon depart Yeovilton and blast past.

Is it just a case of everything leaving when it wants?
The French have a habit of leaving Saturday evening after the show. Most other stuff stays till Sunday (hangovers to nurse!).

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:34 pm

The only thing to be careful of is that some of the no waiting restrictions on the surrounding roads are still in place on the Sunday as well. There is a full list under the Airday 2016 heading.

dicanio

Post by dicanio » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:53 pm

Basically all the traffic restrictions are lifted at Midday on Sunday. The footpaths should have reopened at 8pm this evening.

DC

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:09 pm

dicanio wrote:Basically all the traffic restrictions are lifted at Midday on Sunday. The footpaths should have reopened at 8pm this evening.

DC
The road closures (Schedule 1) and footpath closures (Schedule2) are lifted at 8PM, but the no waiting (schedule 3) persists until 12 noon Sunday. So you could get a parking ticket.

http://www.somerset.gov.uk/roads-parkin ... 115=113975

C-17 due out tomorrow (Sunday) direct back to Charleston. Transall due out Monday (after the crew have sobered up from the footie!)

MRTT

Post by MRTT » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:45 am

Malcolm wrote:
dicanio wrote:Basically all the traffic restrictions are lifted at Midday on Sunday. The footpaths should have reopened at 8pm this evening.

DC
The road closures (Schedule 1) and footpath closures (Schedule2) are lifted at 8PM, but the no waiting (schedule 3) persists until 12 noon Sunday. So you could get a parking ticket.

C-17 due out tomorrow (Sunday) direct back to Charleston. Transall due out Monday (after the crew have sobered up from the footie!)
Don't suppose you know whether they're sending another Transall to RIAT or is the plan for that one to head to Brize?

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:59 am

MRTT wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

DC

Don't suppose you know whether they're sending another Transall to RIAT or is the plan for that one to head to Brize?
The crew I spoke to did say they were sending one to Fairford for the show (but then again aircrew don't always know what's happening). They also asked me about low flying in the UK, and the Mach Loop in particular. I did what I could to encourage them to give it a try, and told them that C-130's were fairly regular Loop users. :Wow:

MRTT

Post by MRTT » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:25 pm

C-17 due out tomorrow (Sunday) direct back to Charleston. Transall due out Monday (after the crew have sobered up from the footie!)[/quote]
Don't suppose you know whether they're sending another Transall to RIAT or is the plan for that one to head to Brize?[/quote]

The crew I spoke to did say they were sending one to Fairford for the show (but then again aircrew don't always know what's happening). They also asked me about low flying in the UK, and the Mach Loop in particular. I did what I could to encourage them to give it a try, and told them that C-130's were fairly regular Loop users. :Wow:[/quote]
Cheers Malcolm, LFA7 would be mighty impressive! :Wow:

GVLCN

Post by GVLCN » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:07 pm

Are the French still there?

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:36 pm

The Rafales departed at c10:30L Sunday

Return to “Yeovilton”