Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Air Day 2016

Post information relating to Yeovilton airshow here.
Alfie
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 am

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by Alfie » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:01 pm

I see on it's web site Sally-B is going to stay at Yeovilton until the 3rd, after landing last Friday and not displaying at Weston or Welshpool

Paul R
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Bridgwater, somerset

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by Paul R » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:37 pm

Flying display doesn't really impress to be fair with a lack of fast jets. Still going to give it a go though. Lancaster cancelled today

Alfie
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 am

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by Alfie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:08 am

I didn't realise it but Friday tickets are advance booking only this year.

MRTT
Posts: 4523
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by MRTT » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:53 am

RAF King Air & Dutch F-16 x2 confirmed for stati.
2018 Shows
Abingdon
Fly Navy
Cosford
Weston-S-Mare
Yeovilton
RIAT (MACH 3)
Kleine Brogel
Duxford September

Paul R
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Bridgwater, somerset

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by Paul R » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:13 am

I'm guessing the flying display participants are as we see them now, too late for any more to be added I'd assume.

User avatar
roberto
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:00 am
Location: Leeuwarden Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by roberto » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:46 am

MRTT wrote:RAF King Air & Dutch F-16 x2 confirmed for stati.
F16's from 322 sqn, they did a little rehearsel this weekend with 4 F16's after a flyby at the Dutch Veterans day on Saturday. They departed again on monday morning

burnsy133
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by burnsy133 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:44 am

Morning All,

Just been caught out by the advance ticket only for Friday, sales no longer available and cannot pay on the day, tried ringing the promoter, told I was too late, nothing to do to help :-(

My question is, how much do they close the local area on the Friday, is there still anywhere you can photograph from ??

Thanks for any information.

Rob

User avatar
Freeman Lowell
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:00 pm
Location: Next to Mrs Kipling

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by Freeman Lowell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:41 am

Rob,
Have a read of Alfie's post on the previous page of this topic.
Good luck.
Freeman

Supra
Posts: 1094
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by Supra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:27 am

burnsy133 wrote:Morning All,

Just been caught out by the advance ticket only for Friday, sales no longer available and cannot pay on the day, tried ringing the promoter, told I was too late, nothing to do to help :-(

My question is, how much do they close the local area on the Friday, is there still anywhere you can photograph from ??

Thanks for any information.

Rob
You have somewhere between Bob Hope & No Hope of getting anywhere close to Yeovilton without an Entrance Ticket!
If you've read the Traffic Order, you'll have discovered it's easier to get closer to Area 51 than Yeovilton this coming w/e!
For what's on offer & given the current weather cycle, better to save your time & money for another day ? :halo:

Apollo
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:53 am

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by Apollo » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:58 am

Supra wrote:
burnsy133 wrote:Morning All,

Just been caught out by the advance ticket only for Friday, sales no longer available and cannot pay on the day, tried ringing the promoter, told I was too late, nothing to do to help :-(

My question is, how much do they close the local area on the Friday, is there still anywhere you can photograph from ??

Thanks for any information.

Rob
You have somewhere between Bob Hope & No Hope of getting anywhere close to Yeovilton without an Entrance Ticket!
If you've read the Traffic Order, you'll have discovered it's easier to get closer to Area 51 than Yeovilton this coming w/e!
For what's on offer & given the current weather cycle, better to save your time & money for another day ? :halo:
Or just watch it on Youtube........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaokxyQn_9A
Sent from my goredly stained keyboard.

MRTT
Posts: 4523
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by MRTT » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:16 am

Sea Vixen just performed an amazing display!
2018 Shows
Abingdon
Fly Navy
Cosford
Weston-S-Mare
Yeovilton
RIAT (MACH 3)
Kleine Brogel
Duxford September

User avatar
seven
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by seven » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:33 am

MRTT wrote:Sea Vixen just performed an amazing display!
That final pass...

7
#KeepFightingMichael

MRTT
Posts: 4523
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by MRTT » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:42 am

seven wrote:
MRTT wrote:Sea Vixen just performed an amazing display!
That final pass...

7
Aviation porn! Nice rain...
2018 Shows
Abingdon
Fly Navy
Cosford
Weston-S-Mare
Yeovilton
RIAT (MACH 3)
Kleine Brogel
Duxford September

User avatar
seven
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by seven » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:27 pm

Its dry here :P

7
#KeepFightingMichael

welshandy
Posts: 2202
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: Llanwnog,Nr Caersws Powys

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by welshandy » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:30 pm

Watching it on Planes TV. saw the Lynx/Wildcat Demo. Stream has gone down :(

slogen51
Posts: 6910
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:11 am
Location: Norfolk - Mundford - too many trees

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by slogen51 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi

As a massive favour could somebody say if the Rafales depart or look like they are going tonight.

Thanks
Mike

MRTT
Posts: 4523
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by MRTT » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:37 pm

slogen51 wrote:Hi

As a massive favour could somebody say if the Rafales depart or look like they are going tonight.

Thanks
Mike
Wasn't any activity at the end of the flying programme, will try and keep you updated!
2018 Shows
Abingdon
Fly Navy
Cosford
Weston-S-Mare
Yeovilton
RIAT (MACH 3)
Kleine Brogel
Duxford September

slogen51
Posts: 6910
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:11 am
Location: Norfolk - Mundford - too many trees

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by slogen51 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:48 pm

Cheers

If they stay I will make the effort

Many thanks

GVLCN
Posts: 722
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:15 pm
Location: cardiff

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by GVLCN » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:00 pm

Rafale 's were refuelled after displaying & looked locked away for the night prob depart tomorrow or Monday morning.

Two66
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: Air Day 2016

Post by Two66 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:18 pm

I was in the within the County but a few miles East of Yeovilton, saw the Sea Vixen on her run in whilst I was driving, then saw the BBMF come by me as well as the B17. Could hear the Typhoon display nice and clearly!

Post Reply

Return to “Yeovilton”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests