Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Duxford, Battle of Britain Air Show. 4th & 5th September

Post information relating to any Duxford show here.
Velvet Glove

Duxford closes the gates early!

Post by Velvet Glove » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:01 pm

A lot of people will have been disappointed. A victim of it’s own success.
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home/Ai ... ointed.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GaryS

Re: Duxford, Battle of Britain Air Show. 4th & 5th September

Post by GaryS » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Will maybe go the same way as RIAT?Advance tickets only?
I'd have been pretty p :grr: d off if i'd have gone with an advanced ticket for saturday to be told i can't go in,come back tommorrow and try again!,

Richard B

Post by Richard B » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Why you should all flock to the farmers field over the back, never get this problem :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pikey01

Post by pikey01 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:34 pm

vulcan558 wrote:Why you should all flock to the farmers field over the back, never get this problem :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thought about going to the farmers field today, but all the hypocritical BS on another forum and reports of it being possibly closed made me decide it wasnt worth the grief :lol: Having said that, glad I stayed local now anyway :thumbs:

Richard B

Post by Richard B » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:51 pm

pikey01 wrote:
vulcan558 wrote:Why you should all flock to the farmers field over the back, never get this problem :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thought about going to the farmers field today, but all the hypocritical BS on another forum and reports of it being possibly closed made me decide it wasnt worth the grief :lol: Having said that, glad I stayed local now anyway :thumbs:
Perfect time of the year for the Farmer to open up the whole of the area, with just perfect Stuble fields the far side the back fileds this time of year could cater for the masses easy.
just lack of thought and vision from the youth of today.

rebel14

Post by rebel14 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Gates officialy open at 0800 and I arrived shortly after this morning, plenty of cars already parked up. No problem getting in at this time but later on shortly before the main flying had started you could see traffic trailing back on the M11. Best get there early!

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:29 pm

I got there for about 09.00 (Saturday) and it's a long time since I saw vehicles starting to que on the motorway roundabout at that time.

Cambridge News

Brian

croaky

Post by croaky » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:33 pm

I left Spilsby at 0600 arriving at 0800 straight into the car park. left midway through the patroille and took 6 minutes from the car park onto the M11 northbound which proves early is always best

Ben Montgomery

Post by Ben Montgomery » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Just got back from Sri Lanka (arrived late last night) - and wondering whether to fight the jet lag and go for it - given that its a 6AM start to go with ATC :unsure:

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Ben Montgomery wrote:Just got back from Sri Lanka (arrived late last night) - and wondering whether to fight the jet lag and go for it - given that its a 6AM start to go with ATC :unsure:
Go for it.

It's worth going just for the Spitfire tail chase alone. :thumbs:

Brian

Mictheslik
AeroResource Correspondent

Post by Mictheslik » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Pen Pusher wrote:
Ben Montgomery wrote:Just got back from Sri Lanka (arrived late last night) - and wondering whether to fight the jet lag and go for it - given that its a 6AM start to go with ATC :unsure:
Go for it.

Brian
I agree.....that spitfire tailchase is possibly one of the best aviation related things I have ever seen...... :O

.mic

Focal_Plane

Post by Focal_Plane » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Mictheslik wrote:
Pen Pusher wrote:
Go for it.

Brian
I agree.....that spitfire tailchase is possibly one of the best aviation related things I have ever seen...... :O

.mic
Well I`ve been to a LOT of airshows and must say I completely agree. The Spitfire sequence was one of the most impressive demonstrations I`ve ever seen. Towards the end the air seemed to be completely filled with Spit`s where ever you looked. Quite who planned and coordinated this wants a large pat on the back to say the least and I simply can`t fathom out how they all kept "Tally" on each other.

The only thing that could have been improved is if the Hurricanes had been at least part of the mass flypast, but otherwise, wow, a totally amazing sight and sound. This will stay with me forever and I`m so glad I went to see it.
John

jem60

Post by jem60 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Yep. Was there for 3 days. Going to be boring tomorrow!!!!. :clap:My wife says thankyou very much for your last comment. She works in the Friends of Duxford tent, and says it's nice when people appreciate what they do . All unpaid volunteers in there, incidentally.

Return to “Duxford Shows”