Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Duxford Air Festival - 26th -27th May

Post information relating to any Duxford show here.

Duxford Air Festival - 26th -27th May

Postby jeallen01 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:37 am

Sorry for my ignorance so far, but can anyone point to the tentative flying line up for the event?

Thanks in advance.
jeallen01

Re: Duxford Air Festival - 26th -27th May

Postby XR221 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:06 pm

jeallen01 wrote:Sorry for my ignorance so far, but can anyone point to the tentative flying line up for the event?

Thanks in advance.

This information has not been published yet. As soon as there are sufficient confirmed aircraft to warrant publication the flying list is normally added to the IWM Duxford website for the relevant airshow. I have no idea when this will be put online though.

Steve.
XR221

Postby jeallen01 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:20 pm

Steve

Thanks (anyway!) - seems a bit "hypocritical" of the IWM to have been actively promo'ing the Air Festival for weeks ( I get 2-3 emails a week encouraging me to buy advance tickets) without giving any indication of what will be flying! :roll:
jeallen01

Postby Agent K » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:13 am

jeallen01 wrote:Steve

Thanks (anyway!) - seems a bit "hypocritical" of the IWM to have been actively promo'ing the Air Festival for weeks ( I get 2-3 emails a week encouraging me to buy advance tickets) without giving any indication of what will be flying! :roll:

I don't think it's any form of IWM Duxford conspiracy..... a not insignificant number of airshows do this, get the early bird ticket cheaper, but perhaps not with a confirmed participants list. As I'm sure you know, a lot of participants, especially military, are still in their season planning phase and cannot confirm participation.
Agent K

Postby Pen Pusher » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:42 am

Remember the days before the internet when you turned up at an airshow not knowing what was going to be there and the first thing you did was buy a program to see what was flying.

Now where's my zimmer frame.

Brian
Pen Pusher

Postby Agent K » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:40 am

And those were pretty good days too Brian weren't they!
Agent K

Postby rdchawk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:39 pm

Only participation I have seen mentioned is Tiger 9 Display team and the Wingwalkers.
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshals Team
rdchawk

Postby jeallen01 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Agent K wrote:And those were pretty good days too Brian weren't they!

As were the Farnborough airshows in the late 1960's/early 1970's - IIRC that included 111 Squadron Lightnings doing a VERY low level formation Diamond 9 "flat 360" turn at "not a lot of height" on burners (NOISY!), and the Vulcan Olympus test-bed doing a steep climb-out on the Olympus alone (XM558 - sorry, but it was "better"!)
jeallen01

Postby Mallett17 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:42 am

Pen Pusher wrote:Remember the days before the internet when you turned up at an airshow not knowing what was going to be there and the first thing you did was buy a program to see what was flying.

Now where's my zimmer frame.

Brian

Now they were good days.
Mallett17

Return to Duxford Shows