Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Flying Legends 2016

Post information relating to any Duxford show here.
Pen Pusher

Re: Flying Legends 2016

Post by Pen Pusher » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:00 pm

F-22/P-51 Heritage Flight @ Duxford.

http://www.acc.af.mil/Home/AerialEvents ... edule.aspx

Brian

wolfie138

Post by wolfie138 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:09 pm

what's this like as a show, goor organisation/viewing etc? i'm looking at the line-up and there's some beauts but i'm having a bit dither cos the weather forecast's a bit dubious and it's a 4.5hr drive each way for me which would mean leaving stupid early and getting home stupid late. was thinking overnigting in a travelodge or such but options seem limited as regards sensible prices.
TIA

darkman

Post by darkman » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:54 am

Hawker Sea Fury Mk II added :clap:
Planned trips
Ferte Alais
Cosford
SW Fly Navy
SW Evening AS
RIAT
Sanicole

jeallen01

Post by jeallen01 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:43 am

Surprised nobody confirmed that the area between the Land Warfare Museum and the crowd line is cordoned off today (IIRC there was a rumour about this but I never noted a confirmation)

Also, far fewer trade stands than last year or at the American Airforce Day earlier this year - another sign of things to come?

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:13 am

Traders probably down at RIAT.

Brian

jeallen01

Post by jeallen01 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:52 am

Pen Pusher wrote:Traders probably down at RIAT.

Brian
Forgot the RIAT effect, so this might be temporary, as might be the relatively low number of visitors.

BTW the weather is very changeable this afternoon
:'(

Doughnut

Post by Doughnut » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:55 pm

All the traders I usually visit were present, although I have to say I can not understand why double glazing salesman are present ?
How much does it cost to have a pitch at DX and who wants to buy doors and windows, do they really not understand the type of people who visit this show ?

I attended on Saturday and despite the poor weather conditions and the reduced number of aircraft I would like to say a big well done to the pilots and TFC for continuing with this years Legends Airshow, against all the odds and the the new CAA rules it was a good one.

jeallen01

Post by jeallen01 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:51 am

Doughnut wrote:All the traders I usually visit were present, although I have to say I can not understand why double glazing salesman are present ?
How much does it cost to have a pitch at DX and who wants to buy doors and windows, do they really not understand the type of people who visit this show ?
I think the people who were running the Will-writing stand must understand better - given the number of older people at the show :)

My comment about the number of trade stands was more about the large number of glaring physical gaps along the roadway between the AAM and the Airspace building - these are usually filled with a more small stands, book-signing stands and so on, but not yesterday.

PS: It was raining pretty hard at 1pm, got steadily better from 1.30 and there was thin/high cloud and lots of Sun (but very windy, which is probably why the Storch and the Piper Cub did not fly - I think they would have been going backwards at times) by 4pm - what a changeable day!

wolfie138

Post by wolfie138 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:10 pm

i was there on Sat, as a novice i thought it was pretty heaving to be honest. confused about the double-glazers myself, though if they could demonstrate good shielding from that F22 i bet they would have had a deluge of sales :-D
some decent stall, managed to grab a mag dedicated to the Connie, but as w/ other events the food people were just ripping people's eyes out w/ the prices, total p-take in some cases.
must admit to being narked at some people there; where i was there was a family of 5 in front - two brats wrestling and being stupid, one daughter asleep, wife reading a book, guy glued to his phone screen - and this was for over an hour after i spotted them, no interest in the show at all, wtf were they taking up space for?! >:-(

FISHER01

Post by FISHER01 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:53 am

It was a great event :thumb: Someone have a full serial list for me? i forgot to make pictures from the row behind the staticline and in the Halls.

Cheers,

Jos
Once a spotter, always a spotter!

Return to “Duxford Shows”