Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Ticket refund

Post information relating to Farnborough here.
lynothehammer

Re: Ticket refund

Post by lynothehammer » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:10 am

As for asking for a refund ? LOL you should be so lucky, i honestly can't understand who would pay £40 purely just to see the Red Arrows as much of the moaners on Face Ache have made out...

Supra

Post by Supra » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:39 am

Agreed, The Face-ache complainers must have seen tweets that show the Red Arrows are flying a full display (subject to w/x) on all 4 days of the upcoming Bournemouth Air Festival 2016. In reality they could see numerous 'full' dynamic air displays at this Event, that was prior to Shoreham a 'poor-man's' version of an Air-show.....but with NO admission charge!
FIA 2016 Public Days are finished after the next 2 days, if indeed, not Farnborough as a venue! Any heritage value for the site is wasted on the pitiful showing this year. I suspect business deals would be concluded at any UK venue, as location is no factor when purchasing multiple airliners! Expect a genuine Trade-only Mon-Thursday show for 2018 with no frills.....at the most??

eagle driver

Post by eagle driver » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:40 am

As others have said FIA this year was something of a disaster , I have heard it called a very bad and over priced Duxford at best .
And a disgrace that the organisers scheduled the public days in the way that they did, with what appears to have been little attempt to put up anything approaching the accepted standard .
TAG want FIA off there site and I believe the present agreement only extends to 2018, so maybe then either FIA will fold or it finds a new home hopefully the later .
But surely paying £48 for what people were treated too this year will do the most damage, after all even people have memory s

wokka

Post by wokka » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:58 am

It was an enjoyable airshow I thought. pretty good variety, and not as distant as originally thought. The problem really is the link to the Trade show, which makes people assume there will be a more cutting edge display, and the price! I have no idea why Farnborough felt that was a competitive price. Its hugely over the top. I doubt the public show next time will go ahead, but if it does, they need to think about pricing and completely dividing it from the trade days.
Intolerant, cynical, sarcastic, old b******

https://www.flickr.com/photos/varcs/

Eelmoor

Post by Eelmoor » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:28 pm

Well once again the Moaners have had their field day be saying how bad the show was going to be, didplays over the wilderness, displays at heights airliners cross the atlantic, overpriced excuse for an airshow blah blah blah, yet once again a sellout, twitter has seen nothing but praise for a great show, people oohing and arring at the displays presented..... Even one or two enthuisasts on the aviation forums saying it was actually quite good considering the negative feed back the show was getting beforehand, almost like the stay campaigners were with brexit ! So has anyone considered that perhaps, for joe public anyway, that farnborough offers the correct mix of aviation related displays, has anyone considered that Riat (for example) is just a collection of rather noisy grey fast jets flying around the hard to get to countryside that is Fairford, joe public doesnt understand the enthusiasts joy at seeing a grey plane with a bit of colour on it (special schemes to you and me) and frankly nor do I but thats a different story. The stars of this years show at Riat, 2 x F4 with gauwdy tanks, they flew in they didnt move for a week and they flew out again after the show :S
Im sure 2018 will again be a sellout, im sure that in january the same old faces will start their hate campaign against Fia18... And 2 years from now we will be in exacly the same place we are now !

sneezy24

Post by sneezy24 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:46 pm

I went on Friday and enjoyed it!

My main interest is in fast jets, I went to Fairford on Friday and Monday to get my kerosene fix!! (I still had the smell in my nostrils on Wednesday!! - lovely!)

There were a couple of displays at Farnborough that I thought would be boring, but I enjoyed - the autogiro and the Red Devils parachute drop.

Pitts was good too.

Still not sure about F35, I don't think we are seeing it displayed to the full extent of the envelope yet - hopefully next year at RIAT.

Can't get excited about wing walkers though.

Shame it rained for the BAe Tiffy..

I'll be there in 2018, and Fairford in 2017/18/19 etc...

I'll probably go to Red Bull at Ascot - it is a good day out (and easy for me to get to on the train)
Canon EOS 80D
Canon 70-300 USM II
Canon 18-135 USM
Uniden 125XLT
Canon 50mm 1.8
Panasonic Lumix TZ70

Return to “Farnborough”