Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Ticket refund

Post information relating to Farnborough here.
B58

Ticket refund

Post by B58 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi all, was wondering with the greatest of sadness & frustration if FIA was going to refund people's hard ernt cash for this debacle. I was returning to FIA after a few years of not going just to be subjected to an embarrassing mess. Unfortunately I think for FIA this is a mess to far. What I'm struggling to understand is the restrictions that have been put on military displays, displays that are not being done by occasional fighter pilots but full time guy's along with professionally maintained aircraft. Can anyone bash some heads together in the caa please before the whole airshow business dies along with our aviation industry. P S has any other country changed there regs????

POL

Re: Ticket refund

Post by POL » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:06 pm

Ask them, maybe?

In all honesty though, I really doubt they will, it's hardly their fault that someone is no longer participating at their airshow.

Bernie

Post by Bernie » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:59 pm

They have put a statement on face ache about refunds in response to the Red Arrows not doing their thing.
And the answer is, predictably, no. They have your cash, its apparent that customer satisfaction doesn't feature so tough.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:08 pm

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ ... -my-ticket

Sadly true unless event gets totally cancelled
Whisky Connoisseur, Darts Player for the Jolly Sailor and Watford Fan

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:30 am

If you had tickets for a rock/pop concert and the support act cancelled, causing you to change your mind, you wouldn't expect to get your money back, so why would you expect to for an airshow?? Its exactly the same.
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

city42

Post by city42 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:39 am

I would not class the Red arrows as a support act iwould say they our one of the main acts

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:43 am

city42 wrote:I would not class the Red arrows as a support act iwould say they our one of the main acts
My point exactly, ONE of. There are plenty of other things to see there and, frankly, if someone is paying that sort of money JUST to see the Red Arrows then there is either something seriously wrong in their thought process or they have far too much money to spend.
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

reheat module

Post by reheat module » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:15 am

It is as shame when major spectacles such as this prolific show cannot display the countries best...
It does prompt the question (yet again and again and again) - are the Reds days over?
Is it another nail in the coffin for those wanting rid (savings)...
UK ONS CPI Rate checker for Sept every year... :whistle:

city42

Post by city42 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:20 am

If you look at there program the Reds have a lot of displays this year . I was talking to some at The MOD yesterday and they were say they would never be surprize if the Airshow was moved some where else in the future

page_verify

Post by page_verify » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:28 am

B58, Fortunately, I'd hope there's still somewhere you can get to see the complete display by the Reds for free albeit it with a bit of travel. Their schedule for the year shows quite a few seaside events over the summer that might be good places to think about going to.
http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/displays/displaydates.cfm

city42

Post by city42 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:34 am

I will be see them at Weston this weekend then at IAT in 3 weeks time

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:42 am

I am fairly sure that somewhere in the terms and conditions there will be something like "subject to change" meaning no guarantee of any particular participant(s). You bought the ticket(s) with that acceptance (whether you chose to read them or not is irrelevant).

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:48 am

Isn't the primary function of the FIA an international aviation sales event?

If so, whilst there is no doubt the Red Arrows are the finest display team in the world, their relevance to a sales event is not so large and I cannot see how this change can be perceived as a big deal to the FIA.

martmpf

Post by martmpf » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:56 am

Surely the new restrictions that have curtailed the Red Arrows will also impact on other military and civil aircraft that display in the air at this "sales event".
Can't see how Farnborough can retain the event in the future.

PeteHemsley

Post by PeteHemsley » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:51 am

I'm guessing people are requesting their money back as the displays will no longer be taking place in front of the crowd

effects

Post by effects » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:09 pm

martmpf wrote:Surely the new restrictions that have curtailed the Red Arrows will also impact on other military and civil aircraft that display in the air at this "sales event".
Can't see how Farnborough can retain the event in the future.
the new flying regs only really effects 'aerobatic' displays ie greater than 90 deg AOB.

PeteHemsley

Post by PeteHemsley » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:57 am

The display area is no longer in front of the crowd nor is it crowd centre. The display area is now over open land to he left of Farnborough

effects

Post by effects » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:15 am

PeteHemsley wrote:The display area is no longer in front of the crowd nor is it crowd centre. The display area is now over open land to he left of Farnborough
Suggest you read this,
http://www.farnborough.com/public/Conte ... -Map/7_41/

Eelmoor

Post by Eelmoor » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:09 pm

PeteHemsley wrote:The display area is no longer in front of the crowd nor is it crowd centre. The display area is now over open land to he left of Farnborough
Having watched the F18 display today there was no conceivable difference between the display at the last show and todays one!! Where ever are you getting you info about crowd centre from ?? :S

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:09 am

I can honestly say that i see very little change in display this year compared to 2014, it's moved a tiny bit to the west of the airfield but it's certainly not made much difference at all...

Return to “Farnborough”