Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Waddington Airshow Charity Donation

Post information relating to the Waddington airshow here.
Snafu

Waddington Airshow Charity Donation

Post by Snafu » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:08 pm

Waddington Airshow have just tweeted that they raised £117 500 for charity from the 2011 show. Before I go on, can I say I am NOT having a pop at anyone, but that seemed a little small to me. I always thought the charitable side of the show was one of the main reasons for having it. I think the attendance was 145 000 for the 2 days, so this works out at a donation of 81p per person. Anyone any ideas as to how the overall budgetary spend is made up? Again, not decrying the amount given, as it is significant.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high... so high, in fact, that even failure will have in it an echo of glory!"

SATCO

Re: Waddington Airshow Charity Donation

Post by SATCO » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:17 pm

Spending includes:

Flying assets (even RAF assets are not free), aviation fuel, cancellation insurance, medical cover, traffic management services, air and ground crew accommodation, catering for participants and support staff, vehicles, advertising, marquees, rubbish collection, Police, event insurance, printing (including tickets and programmes),

not an exhaustive list but some I could think of from the top of my head.

S

Arthur Tee

Post by Arthur Tee » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Snafu wrote:Waddington Airshow have just tweeted that they raised £117 500 for charity from the 2011 show. Before I go on, can I say I am NOT having a pop at anyone, but that seemed a little small to me. I always thought the charitable side of the show was one of the main reasons for having it. I think the attendance was 145 000 for the 2 days, so this works out at a donation of 81p per person. Anyone any ideas as to how the overall budgetary spend is made up? Again, not decrying the amount given, as it is significant.

Having assisted with the Waddo show in the past - this figure is less than it was in the past (I seem to remember a figure of about £250,000 in 2001) - but I expect it still matches (or even exceeds) that of RIAT...

Anyone know for sure?

Arthur

benyboy

Post by benyboy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:58 pm

I would rather see it spent on more/better displays and give the people who attend the option to donate to charity while they are there.

Return to “Waddington”