Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Lincs FM - Vulcan for the Airshow

Post information relating to the Waddington airshow here.
reheat module

Lincs FM - Vulcan for the Airshow

Post by reheat module » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Lincs FM 102.2
News at 3pm and 4pm states that the chances of the Vulcan appearing at the Waddington Airshow is "Quote - highly unlikely - Unquote".
Reason being given (by them) include outstanding work, the timescale for checking, and the requisite paperwork needed to gain authority for display.
Oh no, - not again.... :(
UK ONS CPI Rate checker for Sept every year... :whistle:

bravo 30

Re: Lincs FM - Vulcan for the Airshow

Post by bravo 30 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:17 pm

sounds about right :grr:

now just wait till they start asking for more money :@
GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM

Chef_uk

Post by Chef_uk » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:16 pm

At least they are being up front about this time. You're not going to miss something that isn't going to be there. They do say there is still hope though. Plus the line up of A/C for this year is so much better than the previous couple of years that no vulcan isn't as significant as it was last year.

Lincoln

Post by Lincoln » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:33 pm

bravo 30 wrote:sounds about right :grr:

now just wait till they start asking for more money :@

Well they are a charity and untill a large sponsor can be found (if ever) how exactly do you expect them to fund her?

Granted they should waaaaaaay back in 2007, after first flight, have had a better way of fundraising put in place (I think it was two weeks before they did anything) rather than the reactive method used over the last couple of years, but still the fact remains she's a very expensive bird ;) :D
Even if they do go about it all wrong :Oops: :D

They are being much more upfront lately, which I'm pleased about. Still a long way to go to mending the damage done though in my opinion.

It's better that Waddington say she isn't going to be there, rather than come under fire like last year, even though It wasn't Waddingtons fault she couldn't fly.

Would love to see her display ths year, but I won't hold my breath :D :D

cottesmore09

Post by cottesmore09 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Well its is the lives of the pilots they have to think of really, if everone working on the Vulcan rushed it and then the CAA turn round saying this and this needs re-doing then it will take even longer before its in the air. Also if the money was made up quicker then it would be ready, but we are thanking someone who donating a very larg amount to the trust otherwise it would not be in the air at all and then people will be unhappy, they cant win really!

Not being funny but atleast it will be in the air this year for the really big shows RAIT and Farnborough, i know they said that after last year they want to make Wadington but you cant blame them that the money came late and the Winter service only started in March! they have done well to get her in the shape she is now in the short space of time. Last year it was the CAA's fault that she never flew as they never pulled there finger out to give them the permit to fly!! :grr:

Not out of the question that it wont make Waddo yet but you cant blame them if it doesn't!

Lets hope :halo:
Thanks, Cott09
RAF Families days website: www.raf-families-days.webs.com

2017 Airshows
RIAT (FRIAT Mach3)
Clacton Airshow
Scampton airshow Arrivals

beefsteak

Post by beefsteak » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:13 am

Sorry folks , I know I've had a couple of glasses of sherbet (For my birthday of course) But I don't remember seeing it advertised anywhere that XH558 was going to display at Waddington this year , it has just been a lot of wishful thinking on certain peoples part!!

I do appologise if I am wrong though!!
Jim Bowen, on "Bullseye" :- In which state of the U.S.A. is Dallas, Texas ??

Mayfly
Location: 20 minutes from Coningsby, 25 from Waddington, 20 from Cranwell

Post by Mayfly » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 am

cottesmore09 wrote:Well its is the lives of the pilots they have to think of really, if everone working on the Vulcan rushed it and then the CAA turn round saying this and this needs re-doing then it will take even longer before its in the air. Also if the money was made up quicker then it would be ready, but we are thanking someone who donating a very larg amount to the trust otherwise it would not be in the air at all and then people will be unhappy, they cant win really!

Not being funny but atleast it will be in the air this year for the really big shows RAIT and Farnborough, i know they said that after last year they want to make Wadington but you cant blame them that the money came late and the Winter service only started in March! they have done well to get her in the shape she is now in the short space of time. Last year it was the CAA's fault that she never flew as they never pulled there finger out to give them the permit to fly!! :grr:

Not out of the question that it wont make Waddo yet but you cant blame them if it doesn't!

Lets hope :halo:
Thanks, Cott09

May I just make it clear please - It was NOT the CAAs fault at all - some work required had not been carried out - so the CAA had no option but to refuse the PtoF. In addition the CAA have always been very supportive & still are.

Beefsteak - Waddington have had her down on their participation list since March as it was hoped she would be ready a couple of weeks ago to make Cosford - However in fairness to Waddington they also made a statement a few weeks ago saying it looked doubtful & yesterday released the statement saying they had taken her off the display schedule but will accommodate if she gets her permit in time.
Aviation Heritage Lincolnshire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SorF3zlsnm4

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:23 am

Check out the Waddington Air Show thread or the Official Waddington Air Show web page. Vulcan has now been removed
Posh are going to Wembley (albeit for a tin cup)

davedubya

Post by davedubya » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Gary wrote:Check out the Waddington Air Show thread or the Official Waddington Air Show web page. Vulcan has now been removed
Spotted that today.

Having second thoughts about making the trip up there now... (Biggin Hill has essentially the same line-up, and it's a tad closer)

Mayfly
Location: 20 minutes from Coningsby, 25 from Waddington, 20 from Cranwell

Post by Mayfly » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:15 pm

The latest official update has been released
VTST

click the link right hand side under Latest News, you can sign up to have them sent straight to your inbox if you want top right under News Letter
Aviation Heritage Lincolnshire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SorF3zlsnm4

davedubya

Post by davedubya » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:10 pm

Amazingly, it looks like the Vulcan will be flying at the weekend:

http://www.vulcantothesky.org/news/97/8 ... ekend.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gonk

Post by gonk » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Last years debacle was caused by a jobs worth not signing paper work, not the C A A, they bent over back wards and even opened there offices on the saturday if the numpty had signed.Lets just hope things start getting better for 558s season.

RichBro

Post by RichBro » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:47 pm

"Look North" tonight said it is very likely that the Vulcan WILL be appearing at Waddington this weekend.
Although reference to the Vulcan may have been removed from the Waddington Show web site, the Vulcan does appear in formation with the Red Arrows on their advertising poster!!

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:53 pm

Moved to the "Airshows" section.
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

Return to “Waddington”