Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RIAT 2014 - News and updates here please

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
beefsteak

Re: RIAT 2014 - News and updates here please

Post by beefsteak » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:32 pm

The next update will be the announcement of the cancellation of the F-35s ! (Which of course, will remarkably recover in time to get here for the selling show at Farnborough!)

Now call me a cynic if you like !
Jim Bowen, on "Bullseye" :- In which state of the U.S.A. is Dallas, Texas ??

seven

Post by seven » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:17 pm

More or less exactly what i thought :whistle:

#KeepFightingMichael #banthebulls

beefsteak

Post by beefsteak » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Jim Bowen, on "Bullseye" :- In which state of the U.S.A. is Dallas, Texas ??

seven

Post by seven » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:34 pm

:lol: Yes, just yes. So yes.

splishsplosh

Post by splishsplosh » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:42 pm

We hope you're all having a fantastic end to the week, especially if you're celebrating 4th July! To round off the week nicely we'd like to share the statement below with you:

Last night we received a brief message from our good friends the United States Air Force indicating that they do intend for one or two of their aircraft to come to the Air Tattoo for static display this year. Details were sketchy and today being the start of their US Independence Day holiday break, we will now be unable to firm up which aircraft will be coming until next Tuesday. This is really good news given their ongoing sequestration restrictions and as soon as we know more you will be the first to hear.

Keep an eye on our participation list next week for the latest updates!
Good news.

Pity the French are unable to make it, but with the static looking a little thin and the USA dealing with the effects of sequestration, this is a welcome sign.

Golf Lima

Post by Golf Lima » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:18 pm

splishsplosh wrote:
We hope you're all having a fantastic end to the week, especially if you're celebrating 4th July! To round off the week nicely we'd like to share the statement below with you:

Last night we received a brief message from our good friends the United States Air Force indicating that they do intend for one or two of their aircraft to come to the Air Tattoo for static display this year. Details were sketchy and today being the start of their US Independence Day holiday break, we will now be unable to firm up which aircraft will be coming until next Tuesday. This is really good news given their ongoing sequestration restrictions and as soon as we know more you will be the first to hear.

Keep an eye on our participation list next week for the latest updates!
Good news.

Pity the French are unable to make it, but with the static looking a little thin and the USA dealing with the effects of sequestration, this is a welcome sign.
Maybe some Ospreys?! :clap:

SG1

Post by SG1 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:43 pm

beefsteak wrote:ImageF-35-grounded by Beefsteak44, on Flickr
Sorry I don't date 40 year old cougars
And that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity,
from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been,
and are being, evolved.

Dannnn

Post by Dannnn » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:29 pm

Hearing some people saying arrivals due to start Monday. Can't say I belive them to be honest considering P&V doesn't start until Wednesday. Unless of course they are just referring to the possible arrival of you know what.

Anyone know any different?

Dan213

Post by Dan213 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Arrivals begin Wednesday. Apart from if F35 turns up

Dannnn

Post by Dannnn » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:37 pm

Thanks, that's what I thought. Was starting to worry as I diddnt want to have to book off another 2 days!

andrew b

Post by andrew b » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:39 pm

Looks like weather for riat is rain according to met office.
Airplane mad Image

A good pilot is always compelled to evaluate what has happened, so he can apply what he has learnt
Viper TOP-GUN

stealth1234

Post by stealth1234 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:40 pm

andrew b wrote:Looks like weather for riat is rain according to met office.
I cant beleive people actually pay attention to the Met Office :lol:
Flying prevails whenever a man and his airplane are put to a test of maximum performance.

effects

Post by effects » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:58 pm

beefsteak wrote:The next update will be the announcement of the cancellation of the F-35s ! (Which of course, will remarkably recover in time to get here for the selling show at Farnborough!)

The thing is Farnborough is an important trade exhibition, RIAT is just a public airshow. What is going to grab the headlines F35 no show for RIAT or FIA?

andrew b

Post by andrew b » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:40 pm

effects wrote:
beefsteak wrote:The next update will be the announcement of the cancellation of the F-35s ! (Which of course, will remarkably recover in time to get here for the selling show at Farnborough!)

The thing is Farnborough is an important trade exhibition, RIAT is just a public airshow. What is going to grab the headlines F35 no show for RIAT or FIA?
Well neither really at the end of the day safety of the pilot and all the spectators is paramount so if its not fit for one show then its not fit for either.it looks like they have to dive deep into the engine and if they feel there is any kind of safety threat then they have to do whats best .if it doesn't come then we will have to wait for next time.
Airplane mad Image

A good pilot is always compelled to evaluate what has happened, so he can apply what he has learnt
Viper TOP-GUN

city42

Post by city42 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:46 pm

When i left work on Friday we were still being told that our 2pm visit on Tuesday to view the F35 was still on

Mallett17

Post by Mallett17 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:50 pm

andrew b wrote:
effects wrote:

Well neither really at the end of the day safety of the pilot and all the spectators is paramount so if its not fit for one show then its not fit for either.it looks like they have to dive deep into the engine and if they feel there is any kind of safety threat then they have to do whats best .if it doesn't come then we will have to wait for next time.

Very true. There is always another day.

andrew b

Post by andrew b » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:13 pm

city42 wrote:When i left work on Friday we were still being told that our 2pm visit on Tuesday to view the F35 was still on
Thats tuesday.its only sat still time for it to be cancelled last minute.i wonder though if it does get cancelled maybe send a couple of mv-22 from milldenhall
Airplane mad Image

Viper TOP-GUN

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:26 pm

andrew b wrote:
city42 wrote:When i left work on Friday we were still being told that our 2pm visit on Tuesday to view the F35 was still on
Thats tuesday.its only sat still time for it to be cancelled last minute.i wonder though if it does get cancelled maybe send a couple of mv-22 from milldenhall
They don't have MV-22s at Mildenhall, I think you mean CV-22s?

andrew b

Post by andrew b » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Mike wrote:
andrew b wrote:
They don't have MV-22s at Mildenhall, I think you mean CV-22s?

Yeah that.sorry.its because I work for a model company and we have just been informed of a new diecast 1/72 model of an mv-22 .got it on the brain due to pre ordering it.
Airplane mad Image

Viper TOP-GUN

seven

Post by seven » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:52 pm

[quote="andrew ][/quote]

Yeah that.sorry.its because I work for a model company and we have just been informed of a new diecast 1/72 model of an mv-22 .got it on the brain due to pre ordering it.[/quote]

Cobblers, Hasegawa all the way ;)

Return to “RIAT”