Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Camping at RIAT 2018

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
space monkey

Camping at RIAT 2018

Post by space monkey » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:45 pm

Hello All

Booked all three days with camping for this years RIAT and was just wondering if anyone has stayed in the Tangerine Fields. Could anyone give up a heads up of what its like, is it cramped, are the toilets/showers clean etc.

Thank in advance.

Truejambo

Re: Camping at RIAT 2018

Post by Truejambo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:04 am

Hey,

I’m in the same situation this year. Looking forward to it as we’ve used Townsend Farm the past few years!

Any insight would be helpful as we travel down tomorrow.

Cheers

S.

Yunglee

Post by Yunglee » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:25 pm

We’re in the Tangerine fields campsite now. Toilets clean, cafe looks up for business (I think) and at the moment there’s loads of space. It’s festival camping so find a spot and make a camp. Floor is rock hard so make sure you have a mallet.

Lee

Truejambo

Post by Truejambo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:34 pm

Arrived on Wednesday with acres of space. At the time of writing (Thu 2130) there is still plenty of space.

As for the facilities they are immaculate compared to others I have been to. Toilets are clean (as clean as a portaloo can be), all the showers are in full working order as far as I can see.

It’s already so much better than the competitors who had run out of water by this time last year and had half of the showers knackered.

Will definitely be making this my first pick in years to come.

Cheers

S.

space monkey

Post by space monkey » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:02 pm

Afraid I can't share your same experience now having arrived. This morning there was no water apart from the drinking taps. Bins were overflowing. Toilets were covered in toilet roll and no where to wash your hands. No where to wash pots or pans. Music playing till 1230 at night (and that's the campsite music) plus we had to lug our kit across two fields because they decided to let no cars on the campsite. So I will definitely not be returning here again. Especially as the whole weekend has cost over £600.

Return to “RIAT”