Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Cheltenham Shuttle Bus

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
Amber_gambla

Cheltenham Shuttle Bus

Post by Amber_gambla » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:54 am

Hi, We're planning on getting the shuttle bus to and from RIAT this year from cheltenham, Has anybody any experience of this shuttle bus? any opinions greatly received, we've always got it from Swindon but will be staying in Cheltenham this year, cheers for any advice

womas

Re: Cheltenham Shuttle Bus

Post by womas » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:14 pm

I went from Cheltenham, two years ago. It leaves from Cheltenham racing course parking lot and the first one leaves at about 7 if I remember correctly. It took over an hour to get to Fairford with no delays.
I tried to get information beforehand but none was given by RIAT and the buscompany also couldn't tell much (it was the first year the shuttle ran from Cheltenham). In the end about 6 busses showed up at 7 which were quickly fully loaded if I remember correctly.

tony54321

Re: Cheltenham Shuttle Bus

Post by tony54321 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:37 am

I've used the Cheltenham shuttle bus the last few years without incident, as Womas says it's about 60-90 minutes using the dedicated back roads into the show.
I noticed last year, coming out the show the large queues waiting to board the Swindon bus, whereas the Cheltenham bus was straight on and away.
Also the buses pick you up at the other side of Cheltenham racecourse carpark, not at the bus stops like you'd expect.

Return to “RIAT”