Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

FRIAT 2017

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
C24

Re: FRIAT 2017

Post by C24 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:48 pm

FYI, from my experience during the 2015 show, previously posted. It might be worth repeating.

If you can take with you £10 notes rather than £20s, you might avoid my experience when I tendered a £20 to pay for about £8's worth of snacks.
The change was based on a tendered £10. Fortunately the chap behind me backed me up and I was reluctantly given the correct amount. :grr:
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Droptank

Post by Droptank » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:28 am

I know this is a "grumpy old git" sort of recommendation but it ALWAYS works for me when I pay for anything (even in regular shops/pubs) with a twenty pound note.

When passing the note to the person serving, I always say "sorry I only have a £20.00 note", to which they usually say "that's OK", acknowledging the fact.

This obviously makes them realise you've given them a twenty pound note and short-changing, whether accidental or otherwise, is avoided.

I am sure the vendors serving at RIAT are only human like us all and will make the odd mistake, particularly when there are a hundred people queueing for a brew or a burger, but hopefully any short-changing isn't done intentionally, using the above suggestion will make sure you aren't short-changed for whatever reason.

Have a great time, the show content is looking fantastic and the weather looks like it will be mainly fair and dry- happy days!

Take care.

Droptank.

C24

Post by C24 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:10 am

Droptank has a better approach than mine. Good idea :)

Thinking on, as a cynical, grumpy old b, I might just try both ;) or take a bag of sarnies from Tes/As/Morr. ;)

Enjoy the Show if you go :thumbs:
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Rory76

Post by Rory76 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:34 am

C24 wrote:FYI, from my experience during the 2015 show, previously posted. It might be worth repeating.

If you can take with you £10 notes rather than £20s, you might avoid my experience when I tendered a £20 to pay for about £8's worth of snacks.
The change was based on a tendered £10. Fortunately the chap behind me backed me up and I was reluctantly given the correct amount. :grr:

Having worked honestly behind bars for 20 years, I can assure you it's easily done when busy!!

Return to “RIAT”