Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Phone stolen on RIAT shuttle bus

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
Reach 392

Phone stolen on RIAT shuttle bus

Post by Reach 392 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:44 am

Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong section.

It appears my black LG Nexus 5X was stolen on a RIAT shuttle bus yesterday morning (09/07/2016). I had it on me up until we arrived at Fairford which I remember putting it in a pocket and then checking my pockets before leaving the seat when I realised it was gone, I searched the bus with the driver to no avail and intended to check again but the driver sped off. Don't want to point any fingers and speculate but I only remember an elderly man wearing earphones sitting next to me. Now the joys of Google mean I can track what happens using this phone and where it is located via GPS. I can say the last known location was in the Cheltenham area (?!?!) at around 2220 up until 2257 where I then decided I had no choice to erase the device and call Vodafone to blacklist it.

The bus in question was operated by Stagecoach London;
Fleet number 17867
Registration number LX03NFM

This vehicle left Swindon rail station at around 0750 and arrived at RAF Fairford at around 0830.

If anyone was in the queue outside Fairford between 0830 and 0900 and may have seen anything or anyone acting suspiciously do let me know via PM.

I have reported this to Gloucestershire Police who have filed a report and are now investigating.

For all RIAT visitors PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep a very close eye on ALL your valuables, you never know what could happen when you let your guard down for a split second. :(
Regards,

Neil

Pune

Re: Phone stolen on RIAT shuttle bus

Post by Pune » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:13 pm

That is awful and a sad state of affairs, all I hope is that whoever stole your 'phone has his (or her) privates infested with the fleas of a thousand camels!!! :Wow: :Wow:
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

Return to “RIAT”