Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Visitors route

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
Gendal

Visitors route

Post by Gendal » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Does anyone know what is the best route for visitors coming to my house in Fairford from Swindon? The maps published are Rubbish. I'm thinking to go via Lechlade and keep going past the turning to whelford (by the garage). Any help gratefully appreciated as we've only moved hear recently. Very excited about the tattoo though.

robin

Re: Visitors route

Post by robin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:21 pm

From Swindon take the A361 (pass the Honda Car Factory, on the site of the old South Marston Airfield) through Highworth, onto Lechlade, then A417, (joining the RED ROUTE inbound at Lechlade) till you get to the Airfield turn off, which then becomes two lanes of traffic inbound to the airfield.

I shall be using a very similar route to this, and have done for many years.

Gendal

Re: Visitors route

Post by Gendal » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:48 am

robin wrote:From Swindon take the A361 (pass the Honda Car Factory, on the site of the old South Marston Airfield) through Highworth, onto Lechlade, then A417, (joining the RED ROUTE inbound at Lechlade) till you get to the Airfield turn off, which then becomes two lanes of traffic inbound to the airfield.

I shall be using a very similar route to this, and have done for many years.

Many thanks

Return to “RIAT”