Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

caa restrictions

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
andrew b

caa restrictions

Post by andrew b » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:24 pm

has anyone any info .
i hear that the shoreham thing wont affect riat on one website then another says its gonna be a lot calmer bla bla bla .
what do i believe please .
Airplane mad Image

A good pilot is always compelled to evaluate what has happened, so he can apply what he has learnt
Viper TOP-GUN

seven

Re: caa restrictions

Post by seven » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:42 pm

RIAT is run too MAA rulings, not CAA. So no changes too displays themselves AFAIK. Road closures however..

#KeepFightingMichael #banthebulls

andrew b

Post by andrew b » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:09 am

seven wrote:RIAT is run too MAA rulings, not CAA. So no changes too displays themselves AFAIK. Road closures however..

thanks 7 i appreciate that and hope no changes have been made with regard to flying over totterdown as they have at rhymes
Airplane mad Image

A good pilot is always compelled to evaluate what has happened, so he can apply what he has learnt
Viper TOP-GUN

Green133

Post by Green133 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:43 am

My take is they would have to modify the displays to avoid Totterdown.Maybe flying a wider arc so that they fly behind Totterdown.Never been there so don't know how much overflying there is.I guess the aircraft type is a factor as well.The organisers must feel that it's ok though as I'm sure they would have got it closed same as Rhymes.( or set up more road closures therefore stopping access to the site)

Green133

Return to “RIAT”