Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Red entrance question

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
Gary
Administrator

Red entrance question

Post by Gary » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Is there a FRIAT fast track line at the Red entrance or is it Blue only? For the first time will be using the Red route rather than Blue,
Posh BSM Trophy winners 2024

Green133

Re: Red entrance question

Post by Green133 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:25 pm

It looks like Blue entrance only Gary.Also only from 0730-0900,Fri,Sat & Sun.Further details in the paperwork they sent.

Green133

robin

Post by robin » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:18 pm

I have used the Red route for many years......

As in previous years, once you drive through Lechlade along the A417 you are given priority traffic status. At the turn off from the A417, the road to the airfield becomes "TWO lanes westbound" (No eastbound traffic is allowed).

This then gives you further priority (subject to the car park being open), as you get people queuing from about 04.00 in the morning.

Also on this route is the main disabled parking, which again adds to the priority of the route.

Therefore if car park is open, and its not in the middle of the night, you should not get too much delay.

I have in the past used the blue route, but have been stuck in traffic.

Also have lived nearby for many years, have used the back routes, to speed up entrance to the car park.

Hence I shall using the Red Route again this year........

Finally using the RED ROUTE, brings you in closer to the main aircraft static park, by the tower.

TS010

Post by TS010 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:32 am

I found that the red route was very slow once we turned off the the A417. Yes there were two lanes of traffic but once you got to Whelford and the airfield was in sight it went back down to one lane and caused a bottle neck all the way back to the A417.

jingernut

Post by jingernut » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:06 pm

Never had a problem on the Red Route but have been getting there pretty early (about 6-6.30am).

Return to “RIAT”