Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Camping at RIAT

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
cfett75

Camping at RIAT

Post by cfett75 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:20 pm

Just a quick question that may seem stupid to those more experienced with air shows. But if i were to camp for the RIAT weekend, what would be the best way to keep camera batteries charged, laptop charging, internet access etc.

Thanks in Advance

Chris
Chris Fett-Worsfold
Web : cfaviationphotography.com
Facebook : CF Aviation Photography

Toefur

Re: Camping at RIAT

Post by Toefur » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:37 pm

That is a hard one .you can buy a solar charger .townsend farm has a bar you can charge your phone in but you have to sit on the floor and kind of hide what your doing but the best thing to do is to make friends with someone with a nice new motor home .ply him with ale and your charging in no time !!cheers and good luck

WZ744

Post by WZ744 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:50 pm

I use a leisure battery and a 500W inverter. With a 4 gang trailing socket, I can keep two camera batteries charged as well as running the laptop in the evenings.
Can't help with internet access though, I couldn't get a decent connection at Kempsford.
Colin.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Andy T

Post by Andy T » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:52 pm

I use a motorcycle jump starter that doubles as a USB charging device, holds a lot of power and will do a good 2-3 days of charging devices. It's a DB Power DJS40 but there are cheaper alternatives just for charging devices.

jediwarrior

Post by jediwarrior » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:55 pm

If you at kempsford they have charging points for batteries ect

mark.alan.barnes

Post by mark.alan.barnes » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:44 pm

I could log on to RIAT WiFi from the red car park last year with an excellent signal.

Return to “RIAT”