Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Accomodation for RIAT

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
welshandy

Accomodation for RIAT

Post by welshandy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:30 pm

Been looking for somewhere to stay over the weekend of the Show. As a family we look for self catering & most places are already booked, those that are left are incredibly expensive. Some places charging over £900!!! for 3 nights. Did have a stroke of luck & found Hoseasons, Hoburne Cotswold, South Cerny. Direct access onto the "Brown" Route. Only 8 miles from Base. Cost £623 for 7 Nights in a 3 Bed Caravan. Site has indoor & Outdoor pools,entertainment, Bar, Restaurant, etc
http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/holiday-park ... cInfo=true

Going fast so be quick.

latest review:March 2016. "Fab open night in the brand new, fantastic club/ entertainment facility. HOBURNE has spend over £1million on total refurbish, to make it modern and beautiful in every corner. The arrangement is different, with new restaurant, new sports bar, new lounge cafe bar. New entertainment club, new terrace around the pool.

Also impressive is the new free, everywhere on site..Wi-Fi. From statics to touring pitches. There are reception antenna every few pitches for excellent fast signal."
Last edited by welshandy on Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

morticiaskeeper

Re: Accomodation for RIAT

Post by morticiaskeeper » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:44 pm

The pools are good, but I'm struggling to remember the bar and entertainment, somebody mentioned whisky slammers!

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:18 am

This year some of the prices have gone up astronomically. For example, the last couple of year we have stopped at Travelodge Central in Swindon, Thursday thorough Monday and it's been around £168 per room in total. This year when we looked at booking Wednesday thorough Monday it's a whopping £507, how can they justify that?

This year we are stopping at Burford Caravan Club Site and it's about £60 each for Wednesday thorough Monday, which is the price of one of the cheap nights at Travelodge :lol:
Posh BSM Trophy winners 2024

Phoon

Post by Phoon » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:43 pm

Isnt the British Grand Prix same weekend? Might have something to do with pushing prices up.

beefsteak

Post by beefsteak » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:01 pm

Try camping at Kempsford or there are loads of others in the area
Jim Bowen, on "Bullseye" :- In which state of the U.S.A. is Dallas, Texas ??

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:08 pm

beefsteak wrote:Try camping at Kempsford or there are loads of others in the area
But don't leave the fridge running in the boot all night off the car battery, somebody I know has done that and had to call the AA the next morning. :whistle:

AA = Automobile Association, not Alcoholics Anonymous (because they never carry jump leads). :lol:

WZ744

Post by WZ744 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:37 pm

I've booked in from Wednesday to Monday at Kempsford, been about 3 or 4 times now. Personally I really like this site, nice friendly people and atmosphere as well as great facilities and right next to the blue entrance.Throw in some nice weather and lots of aircraft, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. :D
Colin.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

andrew b

Post by andrew b » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:41 pm

totterdown campsite is the best because the displays happen right above your head with a good clear view of the whole base and final approach.yeah you need your car to go down to the airfield but this is by far the best place and I have stayed on all of them up there .
Airplane mad Image

A good pilot is always compelled to evaluate what has happened, so he can apply what he has learnt
Viper TOP-GUN

beefsteak

Post by beefsteak » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:16 pm

Mike wrote:
beefsteak wrote:Try camping at Kempsford or there are loads of others in the area
But don't leave the fridge running in the boot all night off the car battery, somebody I know has done that and had to call the AA the next morning. :whistle:

AA = Automobile Association, not Alcoholics Anonymous (because they never carry jump leads). :lol:

I've no idea who you are referring to but I hear it wasn't all night , it was just the early evening, and it was the RAC that got called, but other than that ........... I know nothing !!

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:24 pm

beefsteak wrote:
Mike wrote:

I've no idea who you are referring to but I hear it wasn't all night , it was just the early evening, and it was the RAC that got called, but other than that ........... I know nothing !!
I heard it was some geezer from Winsford, Cheshire - other than that I have no other details.

Are you sure that you didn't leave the fridge on all night? :lol:

beefsteak

Post by beefsteak » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:02 am

No idea what you mean!

In hindsite it was only left on whilst I pitched camp, went to "The Flogger and Phantom" for one beer, and returned to relax in the afternoon sun, when I went to go in my motor to get 'the cold ones' out the battery was that flat I couldn't even unlock the doors! (It must've been on without the engine running for all of three hours , nearly new car too !)
I even had a petrol generator in the boot that I couldn't get to !

But like I said...............................................................I know nothing............ :whistle:

Return to “RIAT”