Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Grandstand , worth the extra money?

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
Dan M

Grandstand , worth the extra money?

Post by Dan M » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi guys

I'm planning to have one of my days in the grandstand this year. Just wanted some feedback from those of you who have been in there before.
From a photography perspective, is it worth the extra? Are you crammed in like sardines etc etc..

Cheers

Dan

rdchawk

Re: Grandstand , worth the extra money?

Post by rdchawk » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:40 pm

I cant justify the extortionate cost for the grandstand - it does give you an elevated seat obviously but it can get quite crammed.

The problem now with staying on the ground so to speak is the increasing number of enclosures that are taking up the flightline, IMHO get rid of a couple of enclosures.
Whisky Connoisseur, Darts Player for the Jolly Sailor and Watford Fan

Flying Warden

Post by Flying Warden » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:42 pm

The last RIAT I attended in 2002 I was extremely angry at the amount of front line taken up by hospitality chalets.
We were thinking of attending this year for the first time since 02 but if the chalets are still a problem I don't think we'll bother going.
Fly low, Fly fast, watch out for speed cameras.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:12 pm

If you are doing 2 days go for FRIAT Mach 1 membership. The Friends grandstand is cosy but not cramped. Additioanl positives are the loos, a marquee for when it rains and a fast track lane at entry.

RIAT_fan

Post by RIAT_fan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:26 am

Me and my family bring these 'sun shelter' things that are not really tents, but they are a canvas arc you can sit in on camp chairs and keep the rain away.
Here's one-
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j ... 4722408967

Return to “RIAT”