Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Photography - Rhymes or Totter's?

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
RedEagle

Re: Photography - Rhymes or Totter's?

Post by RedEagle » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:17 pm

lrv890 wrote:From what can work out Rhymes farm is £15 per person and Totterdown is £5 each but with a minimum of £10 per car unless anyone knows different
For future reference, Totterdown was £15/car

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:23 pm

RedEagle wrote:
lrv890 wrote:From what can work out Rhymes farm is £15 per person and Totterdown is £5 each but with a minimum of £10 per car unless anyone knows different
Does anyone know if any of the proceeds from Totterdown or Ryhmes goes to the charities that RIAT supports?

andrew b

Post by andrew b » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:55 am

Mike wrote:
RedEagle wrote:
Does anyone know if any of the proceeds from Totterdown or Ryhmes goes to the charities that RIAT supports?
Not that I am aware of,I certainly haven't ever known any of the campsite people to give anything to the charity. Don't hold me to that unless anyone knows better.
Airplane mad Image

A good pilot is always compelled to evaluate what has happened, so he can apply what he has learnt
Viper TOP-GUN

Heal1979

Post by Heal1979 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Update:

I went to Totterdown on Friday and again on the Sunday. As mentioned above it was £15 per car so great value if you had a car full of peeps. I arrived at 7.30am and getting space was easy. It did fill up relatively quickly but as long as you're there by 9am it shouldn't be too much of an issue getting on.

I will post some picks from Totterdown later on under the Airshow Photography section. All in all I can recommend it. It can be hit-and-miss with some of the display acts and most choppers in particular do not come close enough. However, the Vulcan, Typhoon, F-16, Mig, P1, A400M and so on gave some great topside and dynamic opportunities. If I'm lucky enough to attend next year I will try Rhymes for a day and see how that works out.

Cheers,
Chris

Return to “RIAT”