Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

P&V East - Definition of a step-ladder

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
sneezy24

P&V East - Definition of a step-ladder

Post by sneezy24 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:44 am

Hoping to get to departures day, P&V East (unless the wind makes West favourable).

What do they define as a 'step-ladder'. I could do with just a few more inches of height (5'10" not quite enough). Would one of these (or similar): http://www.lakeland.co.uk/23578/Basket- ... 28084114:s be defined as a step-ladder and force me into the step-ladder section?

No intention to use it next to the fence.
Canon EOS 80D
Canon 70-300 USM II
Canon 18-135 USM
Uniden 125XLT
Canon 50mm 1.8
Panasonic Lumix TZ70

Thunderbolt II

Re: P&V East - Definition of a step-ladder

Post by Thunderbolt II » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:33 am

I would have thought that if you stand on anything to gain height then you should be in the stepladder section? Defeats the object otherwise.

Santiago

Post by Santiago » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:51 pm

It's a difficult one, but yes, if you are standing on things anywhere near the front line, then we'll ask you to move.

If you are way back toward the centre of the enclosure, with one of what you have suggested, we may well cut you come slack :)
Our main problem is people towards the front obstructing, which is why we have the Step Ladder enclosure.

We have an increased fenceline this year so this may spread people out some.
Also, as P&V East is open (as the Yellow Zone) on show days, the Step Ladder enclosure will be available with no restrictions during those days, unlike the main showground.

mark.alan.barnes

Post by mark.alan.barnes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:41 pm

I was wandering around the statics last year and happened across a photographer with what could only be described as a 4mtr 'selfie stick' with a DSLR on top and the view blue toothed to a smart phone. Very neat!

I know which one I'd rather carry about between that and a set of stepladders :thumb:

sneezy24

Post by sneezy24 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:28 am

Got this response from RIAT: '....a small step will be absolutely fine to bring along with you.': I specifically asked if I could bring it into the non-step ladder zone.

I also got it confirmed that you CAN buy P&V tickets on the day (saw the question in another thread.

I don't intend to use the step at the front, that would be silly, but it might let me have a few more inches to see over the heads (and white caps - why do so many of my shots have white caps in them??) of those who glue themselves to the fence. I like to move around, so I think a small step will work.

See you on the 20th - I'll be the one standing ( and probably falling off!) on the Lakeland kitchen step!

Mick
Canon EOS 80D
Canon 70-300 USM II
Canon 18-135 USM
Uniden 125XLT
Canon 50mm 1.8
Panasonic Lumix TZ70

Green133

Post by Green133 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:35 pm

Last year you could pay into the West enclosure on the Monday

Green133