Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Rolls... Real or Fake?

For announcements, photographs and video's and general '558 related chat.
CLPSLFBT

Re: Rolls... Real or Fake?

Post by CLPSLFBT » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:34 am

Andrew45 wrote:It's on BBC Lincoln news now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-li ... e-34712346
..........and on BBC look North this morning...... With the quote " officials investigating alleged roll over Lincolnshire "...... :-S

Glenn. PS Morning everyone :-)

Andy_99

Post by Andy_99 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:11 am

If it rolled why has nobody else got photo's or footage ?

Why was it not mentioned beforehand as this was alleged to have happened on the 4th October why has it only appeared now ?

Erm if the CAA were informed that the incident happened would they not have immediately grounded the Vulcan ?

Do we really think any of the crews would have been that stupid ? If they really really wanted to roll her they would have headed out over the North Sea to do it away from prying eye's

Mayfly
Location: 20 minutes from Coningsby, 25 from Waddington, 20 from Cranwell

Post by Mayfly » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:50 am

It's been discussed on various fora and media since an hour after the alleged incident took place.
Aviation Heritage Lincolnshire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SorF3zlsnm4

Andy_99

Post by Andy_99 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:41 am

Mayfly wrote:It's been discussed on various fora and media since an hour after the alleged incident took place.
Still doesn't explain why the CAA didn't ground it immediately though

Rory

Post by Rory » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:41 am

There is 2 videos online. One had quite a big jump between frames which looks like photos stitched from 2 manoeuvers, I wasn't convinced. The second roll has more frames in it and looks very convincing!

Dan213

Post by Dan213 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:58 am

Andy_99 wrote:
Mayfly wrote:It's been discussed on various fora and media since an hour after the alleged incident took place.
Probably because the issue itself relates to the crew of the aircraft and not the aircraft itself. If the aircraft had performed such a manoeuvre that would put undue stress on the airframe, then I am sure the aircraft would have also been grounded. In this case, I should imagine that the sanctions, if any, will have been placed upon the crew

razor23uk

Post by razor23uk » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:33 pm

I think it was just a practice for its cameo "roll" in this latest block buster...https://youtu.be/HHmxptTxUhc
Scanning daily. 3500xlt with antenna 90ft up a silo.

Andy_99

Post by Andy_99 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:47 pm

razor23uk wrote:I think it was just a practice for its cameo "roll" in this latest block buster...https://youtu.be/HHmxptTxUhc
Love it :clap: :clap: :clap:

Maybe that's why the 225 is coming into Donny next week to take our beloved Vulcan away to Hollywood

razor23uk

Post by razor23uk » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:56 pm

Or bringing some X-Wings and TIE Fighters over here for some low level work in the Lake district?
Scanning daily. 3500xlt with antenna 90ft up a silo.

Andy_99

Post by Andy_99 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:03 pm

razor23uk wrote:Or bringing some X-Wings and TIE Fighters over here for some low level work in the Lake district?
X wings are already here, if you look at the trailer they're based in the old cruise silos at Greenham Common.

GhostFlight91

Post by GhostFlight91 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:58 pm

FAKE and BORING :lol:

Mikedee

Post by Mikedee » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:32 pm

I would have gladly put a few bob on a bet that eventually someone would quietly roll the Vulcan before finally " handing back the keys "......
Avro test pilots were told to 'tone down their displays ' when delivering to the squadrons.....

Boeing 707 prototype in front of potential buyers, and Concorde were rolled...

An American B52 display pilot had plans of eventually rolling his aircraft....Imagine wings and engines flying off in every direction....unfortunately he and his crew were lost whilst preparing for an airshow...

interesting to see the outcome and if all those Twitterers were on a high!! :Oops:
Last edited by Mikedee on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger Tim

Post by Tiger Tim » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:13 pm

They are fake and it the CAA believe them to be real they better get down to Specsavers for a eye test

The Fox

Post by The Fox » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:12 pm

If they are found to be genuine the outcome could be quite traumatic. I see a couple of immediate actions:

1. Martin Withers has his Vulcan display authority revoked.
2. The Vulcan gets grounded

Oh dear, thinking about it.....

Seahornet1

Post by Seahornet1 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:33 am

Andy_99 wrote:
If I gave the Police a series of stills which seemed to show your car going through a red light, would you expect them to immediately take away your licence, whilst they investigated whether the images were genuine...? :unsure:

POL

Post by POL » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:13 am

The Fox wrote:If they are found to be genuine the outcome could be quite traumatic. I see a couple of immediate actions:

1. Martin Withers has his Vulcan display authority revoked.
2. The Vulcan gets grounded

Oh dear, thinking about it.....
Really? You think that's what they'd do?

Try fining the pilot, the rest of the crew and probably the organisation. Then, if they decide it was serious enough, take everyone's licenses and turn them in to confetti. If that's still not enough, jail time. The CAA have all those powers, until now, they've not used much more than the fines. Post-Shoreham, they might decide it's time to make an example.

LN Strike Eagle

Post by LN Strike Eagle » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:42 pm

Why would they take away Martin Withers' DA anyway? He wasn't onboard.

Tiger Tim - if it's so obviously faked, I'd be obliged if you could point out what the telltale signs are to my untrained eye.

TS010

Post by TS010 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:27 pm

It looks fake to me but obviously I can't prove it. Easy to fake though, photograph a wingover to the left, photograph a wingover to the right and stitch them together, hey presto photographs of a barrel roll. :roll:

quid21

Post by quid21 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:30 pm

If I were to play devils advocate I would question why would anyone want to fake it, as by having photographs of the Vulcan they would no doubt be keen to keep it flying.

It doesn't look fake to me but I wasn't there. Apparently lots of people saw it....

Who knows!

Blue Diamond

Post by Blue Diamond » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:27 am

quid21 wrote:If I were to play devils advocate I would question why would anyone want to fake it, as by having photographs of the Vulcan they would no doubt be keen to keep it flying.

It doesn't look fake to me but I wasn't there. Apparently lots of people saw it....

Who knows!
And to play Devi'ls Advocate in the opposite direction - given the number of so called enthusiasts who seemingly hate the Vulcan with a passion, what better way to try and ground her than fake a set of pics to look like a roll?
Fighting 92 - The King Cobras
http://www.92squadron.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.92squadron.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “The Vulcan XH558 Forum”