Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

possible October farewll tour announced in newsletter

For announcements, photographs and video's and general '558 related chat.
jamesg23

Re: possible October farewll tour announced in newsletter

Post by jamesg23 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Not much flying in East anglia neither.

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:37 pm

More like a central England and south coast flypast on Sunday. I think for many people who have donated, this tour is a prime example of money for nothing, especially if you live in parts of Scotland, Wales, and East Anglia!

I do wonder if Stevie Wonder drew out those route maps :cool: :lol: .

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

TS010

Post by TS010 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:14 pm

National tour my backside, thanks for nothing VTTS. The same old places get the flypasts, while the rest of us have to do without. Wales does exist outside Cardiff incase you hadn't noticed. :grr:
Why the huge change from the original planned routes?

LN Strike Eagle

Post by LN Strike Eagle » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:08 pm

TS010 wrote:National tour my backside, thanks for nothing VTTS. The same old places get the flypasts, while the rest of us have to do without. Wales does exist outside Cardiff incase you hadn't noticed. :grr:
Why the huge change from the original planned routes?
Original route was only ever provisional, but in fairness to them in some places they're treading new ground. To the best of my knowledge, XH558 hasn't flown over North Weald since the days of the RAF Vulcan Display Flight.

North Weald is a far, far better choice for Essex than Southend was - not only because it's somewhere new instead of the same old places getting the flypasts, but it's a much safer place to do it with the inevitable traffic and parking chaos. North Weald immediately stated they'd be accommodating cars on-site at no charge, whereas at Southend you have to park on the perimeter roads to a commercial airport and on the V-Bomber salute tour in June, it took nearly 2 hours to get out of the town.

Credit to VTTS for the change of plan, in Essex at least. :clap:

StevenNFFC

Post by StevenNFFC » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:48 am

People moaning that the Vulcan isn't flying over their house makes me laugh I have to say. Should I be outraged that XH558 isn't flying over the former RAF Hucknall considering its Rolls-Royce and Vulcan history? No, I'm going to pay my final respects at the Newark Air Museum. It's an hours drive but instead of throwing my toys out of the pram because she isn't flying directly over my town I'm making the effort to see her. If you really care about the Vulcan then you will travel to the nearest place at which you can see her rather than moaning that you can't stay at home and see it from your garden.

I understand that large swathes of the country have been left out of the so-called "National Tour" but expecting the Vulcan to make an appearance in every county of the UK is far-fetched. If you want to see her then travel to where you can see her - simple.

jamesg23

Post by jamesg23 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:18 am

Not everyone can travel. I dint think people are moaning about it not being over there town but there are large parts of the country that are missed out and it's the same old places getting the flypast. How many times has the vulcan been over newark this year? And how many times has it been to waddington this year? It would have been nice to see her at some other places and give other people a chance to see her.

NAM Updater

Post by NAM Updater » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:28 am

Please remember the limitations at Newark Air Museum this weekend http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/Vulcan_Farewell_Tour
Howard Heeley - Newark Air Museum Trustee
Every museum visit counts!
http://newarkairmuseum.org

LANCER

Post by LANCER » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:32 am

Have we any idea on times yet ?!??

sinbad

Post by sinbad » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:49 am

There was a post on facebook earlier regarding times but cant link to it.
EDIT; try this taken from waddington twitter page.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQu8hFPXAAA4Fqk.png

LANCER

Post by LANCER » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:25 pm

Cheers SInbad :thumb:

Cooper1812

Post by Cooper1812 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:20 pm

StevenNFFC wrote:People moaning that the Vulcan isn't flying over their house makes me laugh I have to say. Should I be outraged that XH558 isn't flying over the former RAF Hucknall considering its Rolls-Royce and Vulcan history? No, I'm going to pay my final respects at the Newark Air Museum. It's an hours drive but instead of throwing my toys out of the pram because she isn't flying directly over my town I'm making the effort to see her. If you really care about the Vulcan then you will travel to the nearest place at which you can see her rather than moaning that you can't stay at home and see it from your garden.

I understand that large swathes of the country have been left out of the so-called "National Tour" but expecting the Vulcan to make an appearance in every county of the UK is far-fetched. If you want to see her then travel to where you can see her - simple.
I personally am not moaning that it isn't flying over my house, it isn't flying over any of the entire country I call home - Northern Ireland. People in Scotland can go for a long drive to see it, as can the Welsh and English. If I want to see this farewell tour of the nation I'll need to get on a plane myself. I know it can't fly over ever single county, but how would the English, Scottish or Welsh feel if their entire patch of land was ignored?

LANCER

Post by LANCER » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Wasn't the Vulcan at Portrush a few weeks back??
This hasn't overnight that the aircraft is leaving us !
If its is such an issue why not make sure you caught her then?
Next we'll be hearing Ascension Islands feeling left out !!! :O :S

Cooper1812

Post by Cooper1812 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:07 pm

LANCER wrote:Wasn't the Vulcan at Portrush a few weeks back??
This hasn't overnight that the aircraft is leaving us !
If its is such an issue why not make sure you caught her then?
Next we'll be hearing Ascension Islands feeling left out !!! :O :S
I never said it was an issue! I saw her in Portrush but unlike countless other people who would have liked to see her that one day when she displayed for about 10 minutes I didn't have to work. It has been known for a while that this is her last year yes, but we have also been promised a tour of the nation to include as many locations as is possible and all I'm saying is one entire patch of land has been excluded from that. It is difficult enough to be an aviation enthusiast living on this island!

C24

Post by C24 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:30 am

The Ascension Island had a Vulcan tour some time back. In fact, wasn't it a sort of Airshow? I seem to remember lots of helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.

The runway there (Wideawake) has been extended too. Just like Waddington

The Sunday flight path is within ten miles of us both going and return. And it was around here last Sunday too. Well, five miles away. We probably will not win a prize on the VTTS raffle either.

A little like life, you win some & most of us lose a lot. :D ( I have started to ramble on, sorry ).
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

razor23uk

Post by razor23uk » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:24 am

Do we have any idea of times yet?..can't find any info on the site or elsewhere on the net. Hopefully they will be released soon ?
Scanning daily. 3500xlt with antenna 90ft up a silo.

Mayfly
Location: 20 minutes from Coningsby, 25 from Waddington, 20 from Cranwell

Post by Mayfly » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:43 am

Latest from Wednesday - Timings will be published in Friday's newsletter and are expected to take place in the afternoon.

So more info later today.
Aviation Heritage Lincolnshire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SorF3zlsnm4

razor23uk

Post by razor23uk » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:52 am

Thanks Mayfly......I live on the Welsh side of the Severn estuary, right between the 2 bridges and hope to see her turn here to fly on to Filton.....but we all know how flight plans change on the day!
Scanning daily. 3500xlt with antenna 90ft up a silo.

Jazz

Post by Jazz » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:26 am

razor23uk wrote:Do we have any idea of times yet?..can't find any info on the site or elsewhere on the net. Hopefully they will be released soon ?
I was sent this, but cant vouch for any of the info!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQu8hFPXAAA4Fqk.png
Dieu et mon droit. In hoc signo vinces

Comet102

Post by Comet102 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:13 pm

Wellesbourne, Warwickshire.

From the Wellesbourne Airfield Official Facebook Group "To ease the pressure on the local roads, we have decided to open up the market site on Sunday 11th October to view the Vulcan flypast which is due at approx. 15:40. The site will be open from 12 - 4pm and parking will be free"

The based Vulcan will not be moving from her parking space.

kph100

Post by kph100 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:57 pm

Comet102 wrote:Wellesbourne, Warwickshire.

From the Wellesbourne Airfield Official Facebook Group "To ease the pressure on the local roads, we have decided to open up the market site on Sunday 11th October to view the Vulcan flypast which is due at approx. 15:40. The site will be open from 12 - 4pm and parking will be free"

The based Vulcan will not be moving from her parking space.

Good that they have decided to open the parking to ease the traffic problems, shame they cannot arrange the volunteers for moving xm655 as would be great to see, may now go to bruntingthorpe instead.

Going to cosford on Saturday, anyone have a best location for somewhere where more likely to get some circuits rather than just a flypast on the Sunday.

Return to “The Vulcan XH558 Forum”