Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

some Hawk Servicing Flight movements late 4/18

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Valley here.
TombsRIP

some Hawk Servicing Flight movements late 4/18

Post by TombsRIP » Sat May 05, 2018 2:06 pm

Forgot to post earlier but better than not at all. Hope its of interest to someone...Any additional HSF movements and info always welcome!

Mon 23/4
XX221/CO 100 Sqn mks arr
XX321/CI "Pirate 24" dep 1348L (nosewheel steering check on taxy out);

Weds 25/4
XX227 Reds c/scheme "Red 7" arr 0855L possibly for HSF;
Interesting one as this jet was supposedly wfu 16/02/18. Obviously not; maybe just put into storage. Presume the loss of XX204 has changed its status;
XX244 Reds c/scheme dep as "Red 10" (recently ex AM&SU store?).

Cheers

Bluerigger1

Re: some Hawk Servicing Flight movements late 4/18

Post by Bluerigger1 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:29 pm

Couple of corrections
1. There is no such thing as HSF since the RAF departed. Hawk T.1 servicing is done by AMRO.

2. The Hawk does not have nosewheel steering. It uses diferential braking to steer on the ground.

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie » Sat May 05, 2018 9:35 pm

Bluerigger1 wrote:Couple of corrections

2. The Hawk does not have nosewheel steering. It uses diferential braking to steer on the ground.
Which is still steering the nosewheel by forcing the nosewheel to castor. :S I expect that this would still need to be checked to ensure the unit was rigged correctly?
Arabest,
Geoff.

TombsRIP

Post by TombsRIP » Sun May 06, 2018 11:36 am

Thanks for your correction re AMRO not HSF. AMRO= Aircraft Maintenance & Repair Organisation??

Use of differential braking is what I meant - my phrasing was perhaps misleading in this instance implying there was a standalone NWS (sub) system as per Typhoon within its landing gear system.
I appreciate most, if not all, of the mechanical & hydraulic systems on hawk go back to the original design eg desynn for tailplane unit and still rods and linkages for flying controls with limited clearances in battery bay etc.

Cheers

TS010

Post by TS010 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:37 pm

TombsRIP wrote:Thanks for your correction re AMRO not HSF. AMRO= Aircraft Maintenance & Repair Organisation??

Use of differential braking is what I meant - my phrasing was perhaps misleading in this instance implying there was a standalone NWS (sub) system as per Typhoon within its landing gear system.
I appreciate most, if not all, of the mechanical & hydraulic systems on hawk go back to the original design eg desynn for tailplane unit and still rods and linkages for flying controls with limited clearances in battery bay etc.

Cheers
And lever 15 seizing up because of spray from the U/C. :whistle:

Return to “RAF Valley & Mona”