Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Help please!

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Valley here.
jakdaw

Help please!

Post by jakdaw » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:28 pm

Good Afternoon

Am holidaying in North Wales in October and have been looking thorough the posts in this section. I see that Valley is undergoing runway resurfacing this year, but also that aircraft were only deployed away for August. So I am confused, is Valley open or closed, not been for 10 years plus so wanted to see some T2s. A bit of local knowledge would be very useful thank you for reading. (Also any Facebook/Twitter Groups that anyone recommends for the base??).

Finally am I right in thinking that Mona is no longer an active airfield?

Thanks again

Jakdaw

slogen51

Re: Help please!

Post by slogen51 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:48 pm

Not a 100% sure but I seem to recall seeing some hawks up on VR over North Wales so I inferred that they were back at Valley

The hawk T.2s track on global.adsbexchange.com have a look during a midweek day

binbrook87

Post by binbrook87 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi mate. I was up at Valley last Friday (23rd Sept) and Hawks were quite busy. Main runway (RW14 /32) is closed but they were using the cross runway (RW19 / 01) which is actually closer to the viewing area.
On the way home i saw a couple of Hawks also using the Mona circuit.
Hope this helps :thumb:

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:41 pm

Thanks for the help Gents, much appreciated (though maybe not by the Mrs, lol).

moxey

Post by moxey » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:16 pm

Been over here all week, jackdaw an they've been flyin every day. Even had a tiff thro this morning, sat watching hawks come in an out tday while I'm fishing off the rocks, been speaking the the bloke who runs little gift shop in viewing area, he recons due to runway getting done, these hardly any visitors coming thro, hope this helps you cheers neil

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:04 pm

Thanks for your time Neil, glad you have had/are having a good week. Spotting and fishing, doubling up the enjoyment and they say men cant multi-task :D . Am looking for some Hawk action so sounds like I might be in luck. Thanks again.

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Quick report back, thanks again Gents. I enjoyed a busy couple of hours one afternoon and got my Hawk fix. Cheers for the help.

Return to “RAF Valley & Mona”