Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Noise Complaints From T2

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Valley here.
markymash

Noise Complaints From T2

Post by markymash » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Really stupid people buying a property next to a (long time) active airfield. Don't like it then move. Pilots have to be trained to protect you people who are complaining ???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-nort ... s-29625686

anthony martin

Re: Noise Complaints From T2

Post by anthony martin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:04 pm

What a plonker don't like it move

Andy_99

Post by Andy_99 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:21 pm

How much louder is a T2 over a T1 ?
T1's are almost silent compared to some of the other Aircraft in operation.

Maybe it's more of a case of fewer frames in use so the flying is taking place for longer periods of the day.

But if the complainant want's to swap houses I'd be happy to the noise wouldn't bother me.

seven

Post by seven » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Audibly louder, but not that much. Alpha Jet's are louder than both combined ;)

But yes agreed, if moving near an active airfield (for the last 70 years) doesn't suit your taste, do eff off.

#KeepFightingMichael #banthebulls

youth

Post by youth » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:40 pm

The mans an utter k :grr: jockey!

Skip

Post by Skip » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:44 pm

It reminds me of when people move upto here in Norfolk into the countryside, then complain about the noise the cockerels make or the ringing of the Church bells or the smell of the muck when its spread on the fields :@ :@ move you numpty :whistle:
The last time I saw an F22 at Lakenheath i DIDN'T photoshop it...
Flickr

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:56 am

I would also be happy to swap houses!!! ;-) idiot!
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

hawktmk1a

Post by hawktmk1a » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:04 pm

It really gets on my nerves when i read stories like this. If he thinks its loud now, i dread to think how he would have managed 15 years ago when it was so much busier, not only with hawks but considerably louder aircraft like Tornados, Jags, Nimrods and the deafening Harrier and Sea Harriers would regularly visit the airfield. At the end of the day, what does this guy expect to happen? Close the base just because he has to "stop having a conversation". Heaven forbid, and on top of that, the sand dunes do a really good top of dampening the sound before it reaches Rhosneigr. As you can see this kind of comment gets me annoyed!

markymash

Post by markymash » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:51 pm

hawktmk1a wrote:It really gets on my nerves when i read stories like this. If he thinks its loud now, i dread to think how he would have managed 15 years ago when it was so much busier, not only with hawks but considerably louder aircraft like Tornados, Jags, Nimrods and the deafening Harrier and Sea Harriers would regularly visit the airfield. At the end of the day, what does this guy expect to happen? Close the base just because he has to "stop having a conversation". Heaven forbid, and on top of that, the sand dunes do a really good top of dampening the sound before it reaches Rhosneigr. As you can see this kind of comment gets me annoyed!
Very well said. :thumb: Completely baffles me why they react this way. Just wanted a spot in the papers I suppose.

Return to “RAF Valley & Mona”