Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Northolt Based Aircraft Many Moons Ago!!!

Got a hole in an old log? Empty lines in your notebook? Request that missing serial here, hopefully someone can help. Requests over 6 months old only please.
Lord Baha

Northolt Based Aircraft Many Moons Ago!!!

Post by Lord Baha » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:57 am

Hi everyone.I'm afraid i'm showing my age here and at the same time getting a bit nostalgiac.Does anybody happen to recall how many aircraft were based at RAF Northolt back in I guess the late 60s/early 70s when the good stuff used to visit the aerodrome such as Dutch AF Troopships in the dayglo schemes,Indian AF Connies,BAF and Italian AF C-119 Packets and FAF Noratlases as well as USAF/USN T-29s and C-131s? :roll: .I'm of course referring to the based Bassets,Devons and Pembrokes of I believe 60 and 207 squadrons along with a few Sycamores thrown in for good measure!Any help with serial #s would be great.At the same time I believe there also used to be a FAF Magister kept at the airfield in one of the hangars.Cheers everybody,Best Regards,Dave... :P :)

colt99

Re: Northolt Based Aircraft Many Moons Ago!!!

Post by colt99 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:37 am

This link may be useful LB, have a look at the based aircraft section, top left.
http://www.northolt.biz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave

Lord Baha

Re: Northolt Based Aircraft Many Moons Ago!!!

Post by Lord Baha » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi colt99.Wow mate,just what I was looking for!! :clap: :clap: :Wow: You are an absolute lifesaver. :thumb: Many,many thanks mate,Best Regards,Dave... :D

Return to “Old Serial tie up area”