Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

St Andrews Flypast May 2014/ Typhoons parked at Leuchars.

Got a hole in an old log? Empty lines in your notebook? Request that missing serial here, hopefully someone can help. Requests over 6 months old only please.
Unknown74

St Andrews Flypast May 2014/ Typhoons parked at Leuchars.

Post by Unknown74 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:06 am

Hi Guys I was wondering wether anyone could provide the answer to a 4 Year Old Typhoon ID Mystery, I was up in St Andrews for the RAF Leuchars Freedom of St Andrews Parade & 58 Sqdn RAF Regiment Homecoming Parade on Saturday 10th May 2014 when for the Flypast a Typhoon FGR.4 callsign LEUCHARS 66 streaked across the St Andrews Skyline and I have never yet to this day been able to ID the Typhoon which I believe was a 6 Sqdn Typhoon, would anyone still be able to ID this please?

Also on our return journey South leaving St Andrews and looking over the Bay to Leuchars (sadly we couldn't stop as we were due back in Edinburgh) I spotted 3 Typhoons parked on the 6 Sqdn Line and wondered wether one of them may have been the Flypast Aircraft. I am also wondering wether anyone could ID these 3 Typhoons again if possible please.

If anyone could provide IDs for these it would be very much appreciated and fill a Logbook Gap.

balamorybuzzed

Re: St Andrews Flypast May 2014/ Typhoons parked at Leuchars.

Post by balamorybuzzed » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:08 pm

I had a look back to that day, unfortunately I didn't get the ID's either, the only thing I do know is that Leuchars 66 did another flypast in the afternoon over the base.

Unknown74

Re: St Andrews Flypast May 2014/ Typhoons parked at Leuchars.

Post by Unknown74 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Cheers for looking balamorybuzzed, if anyone does find the IDs for the above it would be very much appreciated.

Return to “Old Serial tie up area”