Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

‘Junglie’ Sea King Boston Spa School 2001

Got a hole in an old log? Empty lines in your notebook? Request that missing serial here, hopefully someone can help. Requests over 6 months old only please.
Reach1985

‘Junglie’ Sea King Boston Spa School 2001

Post by Reach1985 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:38 am

This might be a tough one...

Does anyone have a record of a RN ‘Junglie’ Sea King that spent the best part of a day at Boston Spa School, Yorkshire in what I am guessing was early 2001?

The Sea King made a scheduled stop as part of an educational programme and made various flights with lucky children aboard up and down to Dishforth and back. You had to be 16 to have a chance of going up and I was a few months away (so it must have been before July) I remember begging my teacher to see if there was some sort of a waiver - I thought it very unfair that kids who had no interest in aviation were allowed to go in and I wasn’t - I remember telling her where it was based and what mark it was etc.

I remember recording it in my MAM book but I have not been able to locate that copy - it might have sadly been thrown away. I don’t suppose anyone here has a record? I realise being ‘off base’ it might be quite a long shot.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Return to “Old Serial tie up area”