Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

New to FC or not so new? Introduce yourself here.

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
Flyingraphics

Re: New to FC or not so new? Introduce yourself here.

Post by Flyingraphics » Tue May 10, 2016 8:14 pm

Hi,
I am the co-owner of https://www.flyingraphics.com/ with my brother, we have both grown up on RAF and dare I say it Army bases, being exposed to and enjoying all things aeronautical and military during our childhood. This continued with our passion for airshows and other aviation interests.
With this in mind, over the years, we found that there had been a distinct lack of quality aviation themed T Shirts available to buy at shows and nowadays on-line, so we thought we would design our own.
We first set up shop in 2014 with only 5 designs, selling on eBay and attended our first airshow event at Bruntingthorpe Cold War Jets fast taxi event as a trader in the May of that year. We were overwhelmed by the very warm and appreciative welcome we received from other aviation enthusiasts, with only positive words of encouragement.
From these humble beginnings fueled by our customers enthusiasm we now find ourselves embarking on the 2016 airshow season with 30 + designs and many more on the drawing board, now selling Worldwide from our own website and being booked in to attend more than a dozen UK airshows this year.
On top of all this we have developed a brand new product, PIXAERO https://www.flyingraphics.com/collections/pixaero, which is an on-line tool for aviation photographers both amateur and professional to upload beautifully taken aviation images reproduced into gallery quality photographic artwork onto four different mediums for aviation enthusiasts to enjoy and admire on their walls. The contributor earns a royalty and retains copyright in the process. Flyingraphics.com do all of the marketing, printing, packaging, posting and customer service, leaving the photographer free to concentrate on taking fantastic photographs.

I am new to this forum but from what I have seen it is a fantastic recourse for the aviation fan and will hopefully be a frequent contributor, I hope you can take the time to visit our website and you will also find us on Facebook.

Thank you for your time.

violasrbest

Post by violasrbest » Mon May 16, 2016 8:26 am

Hi

My name is Richard and we hope to be moving to Lakenheath to be near family in the summer. I don't know anything about this hobby, but I love 'planes and used to regularly go to the Mildenhall airshow.

deerhunter

Post by deerhunter » Mon May 16, 2016 9:41 am

Hi Richard, welcome :clap: :
Canon 5D Mk4 plus long lenses, and lots of hope!

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Oxonimages

Post by Oxonimages » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:58 pm

Hi Everyone on F/c,

First off thanks for letting me join. I am an amateur photographer from South Oxfordshire and like to photograph mainly military stuff, been to the loop but only a few times since 2009.

Now try to figure out navigating the forum :unsure:

Ken

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:15 pm

Welcome aboard, Ken. :thumb:
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

maximus

Post by maximus » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:44 pm

Hello everyone.

I came across the forum last year once I started following the Fairford B-52 training exercises and have not got to join it until last week. Thank you admins for accepting my request :thumbs:

I am from Swindon and attend quite a few shows and events and love taking photos. My set up is rather basic at the moment but will definitely be looking to get more equipment radio/camera in the very near future. In mean time will be reading as much as I can and try to get familiar with the forum properly and hopefully meet new people :D!

Max

drallim

Post by drallim » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Thanks for accepting me to the forum.
I live in Gloucester and Fairford would be my local , so to speak, for anything military and I make occasional visits if there is a chance of some activity. My local airport, Staverton, has been known to accept military aircraft. An A400 being a regular with its training flypasts.
I came upon this site when looking for info on the recent B52 activity
I know nothing as regards scanning the airwaves, amateurish at photography but love the sight, sounds and smell of the big birds.

Keith

Ghastly Whisper

Post by Ghastly Whisper » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:37 pm

Woop Woop after a long hiatus with no internet and a change of life, I'm back. Hello boys and girls, whats been happening?
Growing old disgracefully

C24

Post by C24 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:52 am

Mike must be on holiday.

So,
Ghastly Whisper, have you deliberately dropped your "aitches"? ;)
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

IKE

Post by IKE » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:13 pm

Hi from another newbie. I'm a retired old codger now but have been a glider pilot/instructor and NPPL holder and have just hung-up my flying-suit after almost 20 years of flying. It never really gets out of your blood so I'm always keen to chat about flying (gliding, power (prop and jet), military or civil).
Ian

Panavia

Post by Panavia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:43 pm

Hello all. Thanks to site admin for accepting my registration request.

I've been a mil air fan for about 35 years (about two-thirds of my total!) Living in West Yorks. Brought up on the good old days of Finningley Air Show and Mildenhall Air Fete legendary burgers! Trying to get back into scanning having let it lapse for a while (mainly through a combination of work and my previously faithful Yupiteru MVT7100 and AOR 8200 both starting to give up the ghost - replacement needed methinks.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Welcome aboard buddy :thumbs:

Attended every 'Hall show there ever was ;)

That's how old I am :whistle:

Best regards :thumb:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Panavia

Post by Panavia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:49 pm

paddyboy wrote:Welcome aboard buddy :thumbs:

Attended every 'Hall show there ever was ;)

That's how old I am :whistle:

Best regards :thumb:

Thanks! :) Was quite something seeing the SR71 display. Miss those days.

josh sykes
Location: Swallownest, in the Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire

Post by josh sykes » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Hi , My name is Josh . im not so much a newbie , just a 1st time poster ! . im 52yrs young and i live in the village of Swallownest on the outskirts of Sheffield .i was brought up on aviation from a very early age by my parents who would drag me around the airshow circuit until i was old enough to do it by myself . and after all these years further down the road , my passion for military aviation still remains . im a new convert to the aviation photography scene (yes i know ! i should have done it years ago !!) 18mths now , so most of my spare time is spent sat on a fence at either Coningsby , Mildenheath leeming etc with my EOS 500D . Its work in progress , but im getting the hang of it , slowly ! ... regards . josh

deerhunter

Post by deerhunter » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:21 am

Welcome Josh, dip yer toes in, it's great :thumb:
Canon 5D Mk4 plus long lenses, and lots of hope!

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:39 pm

Welcome aboard, Josh :thumb:

Cheers :thumbs:

XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

josh sykes
Location: Swallownest, in the Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire

Post by josh sykes » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:42 pm

thank for the welcome guys ..

Bigglesworth

Post by Bigglesworth » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Wotcha guys 'n gals,

Another newbie here checking in and saying hi.

I have always been interested in aviation from a young age (RAF Brat :P ) I recently moved from near one air base to another, Wattisham to Lakenheath.
If I'm not flying around the skies in my F15E (sadly just in my flight sim) I can often be found watching the real thing at the viewing area at RAF Lakenheath. I've also started to take photography more seriously and my lenses are getting longer and longer :thumbs:

Chocks away,

Mike
Take off is optional. Landing is mandatory

xm657

Post by xm657 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi, long time browser finally registered. Based in Essex I'm into cold war jets and anything noisy with an engine! No doubt bump into some of you at Bruntingthorpe or Fairford.

redshift27

Post by redshift27 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi

I'm based in Helmsley, retired now, been interested in military jets for at least 30 years now.

Great to find this forum!

Return to “The Newbie Forum”