Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

new scanner

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
alecras234

new scanner

Post by alecras234 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi, I've just had given to me a YUPITERU VT 225 scanner, it has been tuned for RAF Valley frequencies but how do i tune it to get frequencies for Caernarfon airport and down the north wales coast? Is my scanner able to get ships in the irish sea and in Holyhead port if so how do i tune it in? I want frequencies from RAF Valley, Holyhead port and around Caernarfon.

Ash

Pune

Re: new scanner

Post by Pune » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Hi alecras234,
I think if you post this request in the radio section you should get a response hopefully.
Good luck.
Pune
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

Tronk 11

Post by Tronk 11 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:59 am

Hello Ash,
You just need to look for maritime freqs if you want to scan for ships etc, they are in the 156mhz range, but you need to change the mode from AM to nFM.
You could try some Warton freqs too, you'll almost certainly hear them when there flying. As for programing your scanner dig out the instructions or search on the web I don't have one of those I'm afraid.

daggerfan

Post by daggerfan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:37 pm

PM sent.

Return to “The Newbie Forum”