Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

cant upload from flicker, "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image."

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
hernaman86

cant upload from flicker, "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image."

Post by hernaman86 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:41 pm

hi, when i try to upload my photos from flicker, i start a new topic, i click the Image icon and i paste the BB code, but when i do, i get It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.?

what am i doing wrong?

paddyboy

Re: cant upload from flicker, "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image."

Post by paddyboy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi :P

I suspect the size of the image you are trying to upload is the problem :S

After you have chosen BBCcode, there is another dropdown tab for size ;)

I always choose 'large' from the selection, as I have previously resized my images in photoshop to a max of 1280 pixels :D

Hope that helps a bit :unsure:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Badgerman

Re: cant upload from flicker, "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image."

Post by Badgerman » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:11 pm

I've had exactly the same problem for a while...and size is checked and ok. Mailed admin twice for help with no reply

Seems to be a problem between Flickr and FC

POL

Post by POL » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Works fine for me (as tested above) - could be your browser causing the issue, although unlikely.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:00 pm

Good point, Chris :thumb:

Forgot that :blush:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Badgerman

Post by Badgerman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:27 am

This problem still seems to exist so any help would be appreciated , even a reply from admin

eagle driver

Post by eagle driver » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:31 pm

This how I get mine to upload I have to manually reduce the size of the photo otherwise FC will not accept it, Anyway
Choose picture required on Flickr, Select photo Editor (lower right hand side)
Click edit with flickr photo editor
above photo Click on Reduce zoom and take it as far as it will go and then save reduced image
next click the send symbol , Select BB code and right click copy
open FC page you wish to post to and paste

ImageIMG_9500 (2) by eagle driver, on Flickr

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:37 pm

Just posted a thread in General photography with 10 images at 1600x1067 with no problem.

Brian

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:32 pm

I use the standard windows 10 picture editor to reduce the image to 1200*800 or 1200*600 before I upload to Flickr to speed up the upload. I thought FC has a 1200*1200 max rule?

Return to “The Newbie Forum”