Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

tracking

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
Paulc361

tracking

Post by Paulc361 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi all

This has probably been asked 1000 times already so i apologize in advance.
What is the best site for tracking? I have looked at ADSB exchange and unless i am not doing it right i can only see on a map where the aircraft is at that time but cant zoom in or see what way it is going.
Is there a site that shows more details on a map? What is 360rader like ?

Thanks in advance guys

Bolar492

Re: tracking

Post by Bolar492 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:27 am

Hi Paul

My go to tracking site is 360Radar, its got plenty of layers you can turn on i.e. weather, Airfields, NOTAMS, etc.
I use it in conjunction with ADSB Exchange, as sometimes aircraft show up on one but not the other, as for the trouble your having,
turn the military filter on, and select to have trails show on all aircraft, also to reduce clutter I have the map set to Contrast.

Hope this helps as a starting point
Regards Mark.

AOR, Signal, Yupi, (VHF/UHF MilAir).
Kenwood (HF Air).
SBS-3, 360Radar, PlanePlotter.

WE.177

Post by WE.177 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Apologies for jumping on this thread but a similar question.

I've got ADSB exchange open, centred on my location, the filter is set to military and is showing a number of aircraft dotted around however;

In the last 15-20 minutes or so I've had visual on a Voyager and a Herc heading into Brize but both of these haven't appeared on ADSB, in fact most stuff I can see out the window doesn't appear. What's the reason for this? :S

As an aside and as a newbie to this forum, although being ex-military I'm used to TLA's there's an awful lot of jargon / abbreviations and acronyms on this website, is there a glossary of terms to help out a newbie like me? :unsure:

Cheers
Dougie

nitro999

Post by nitro999 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi - you're welcome to use my ADSB page. I'm in Swindon so that's where my focus is - i.e. it picks up Brize and Fairford traffic really well, rather than the UK as a whole. Link is below - although you'll need a username and password to access the site. PM me if you'd like access (it's free) and I'll set you up with one. Also looking for other contributors to feed/exchange data with.

Cheers
YouTube Channel
Flickr
PlanePlotter sharer dk

C24

Post by C24 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:14 am

:roll: hello WE.177
We all have problems with acronyms, what does TLA mean? Somewhere on here there is a sticky asking members not to use them.
As to seeing aircraft out the window but not on the various sites, it happens frequently for many reasons, too low being one of them.
You need to spend some time looking through the various sections on here, loads of background info, sorry, information :roll: :D
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:50 pm

TLA - Three Letter Acronym - which makes it one itself!

Return to “The Newbie Forum”