Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Hello from a Welshman in Witney

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
Quevlar

Hello from a Welshman in Witney

Post by Quevlar » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:42 pm

Recently moved a few miles away from RAF Brize Norton, from South Wales and seeing the Hercules as well as some other aircraft passing over fairly frequently has re-ignited my interest in aviation. Used to enjoy taking a trip every year to RAF St Athan when i was younger to the airshow hosted there, must be going back a good few years as i cannot remember the last time there was an airshow at that base without resorting to google, i know they are among some of my favourite childhood memories. The point where i thought to take this hobby a little further came around lunch time on Sunday 16th July when i heard some rumblings overhead and thought 'that doesn't sound like a Hercules or C17', i go out the back to have a look and thought i was dreaming. It was a B2 accompanied by 2 F-15's doing circuits for around half hour. Have wanted to see one of those planes for so long. I took a short video clip just to show my brother back in Wales and the wife suggested we get a cheap camera (we got a Canon d300 at a boot sale for £30, so we can learn and try to get some plane pictures and she can also use it to take pictures of birds and wildlife at some of the animal places in the area. Have signed up to have a read through the wealth of information on here, look at pictures and hopefully get a heads up on anything interesting happening at Brize or Fairford (since we are about 30 minutes away) so we can take a trip and try to get some pictures to share on here, if they turn out ok. Left it a bit late for attending shows this year but there is always 2018 for that, may have learned a little with the camera by then as well. Sorry for the long winded post.

paddyboy

Re: Hello from a Welshman in Witney

Post by paddyboy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi Buddy :P

Welcome aboard the friendly aviation forum :thumbs:

Best regards :thumb:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

nitro999

Re: Hello from a Welshman in Witney

Post by nitro999 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Welcome! The B2 and F15s were displaying at Fairford Airshow that day, I remember it well as I had also wanted to see one for ages!

All the best
YouTube Channel
Flickr
PlanePlotter sharer dk

Return to “The Newbie Forum”