Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
Jason36

Post by Jason36 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:28 am

Hi, I used to be a big aviation buff until I left the UK 9 years ago, I can't believe how many bases have closed since and how many planes have gone.

I was gutted to find the Harriers had gone, Jaguars have gone and now the Tornado's are on the way out.

Does anyone know when the F-35 is coming into service.

Thanks Jason

paddyboy

Re: Newbie

Post by paddyboy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi Jason :P

Welcome aboard the friendly aviation forum, buddy :thumbs:

Couldn't agree more about the bases/'frames we have lost :( :@

I am sure there are peeps on here who will give you a better idea than me about the timescale re: the introduction of the F35 ;)

Best regards :thumb:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Discodaz

Post by Discodaz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi,Jason.welcome
I've heard many roomours re the f35.the one that pops up more often is it goes into service in the uk in 2018. But,don't take this as gospel.

Daz

TeeJay

Post by TeeJay » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:03 am

Welcome to FC Jason :thumbs:

The UK has, at the moment I believe, four F35B's all based in the USA with 17(R) Squadron as part of the Joint Operational Test Unit.

F35s with 617 Squadron will arrive at RAF Marham in July 2018. Can't remember the exact date, (something like the 18th, but Don't quote me on that) But the actual date is set in stone and won't change.

With IOC (initial Operating Capability) ie; capable of an operational deployment on 31st December 2018.

Tornado out of service is said to be summer 2019. Apparently that date is NOT set in stone.

Hope that helps, (it is accurate at this time as the information is direct from the Lightning Basing Team at Marham)

Trev

Return to “The Newbie Forum”