Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Best Binoculars

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
stu52

Re: Best Binoculars

Post by stu52 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:56 pm

As of today I am a proud owner of a brand new pair of canon 12x36 is iii image stabilized binoculars . I cant sing enough praises about these incredible bins . I know there a bit pricey but trust me there well worth checking out . The image stabilising system works fantastic at full zoom really holds the image nice and steady no tripod needed :thumbs: . There 12 x36 so more then up to the job and super light and nice fit in the hands.

give them a whirl mate you will be surprised

cheers stu

GT3ZZZ

Post by GT3ZZZ » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:55 pm

stu52 wrote:As of today I am a proud owner of a brand new pair of canon 12x36 is iii image stabilized binoculars . I cant sing enough praises about these incredible bins . I know there a bit pricey but trust me there well worth checking out . The image stabilising system works fantastic at full zoom really holds the image nice and steady no tripod needed :thumbs: . There 12 x36 so more then up to the job and super light and nice fit in the hands.

cheers stu
I have a pair of 18 x 50 Canon's with image stabilisation. Crazy expensive but utterly brilliant, 18x magnification is perfect if its not shaking. I can read off so much more than with my wife's boggo 10 x 50.

stu52

Post by stu52 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:42 pm

GT3ZZZ wrote:
stu52 wrote:As of today I am a proud owner of a brand new pair of canon 12x36 is iii image stabilized binoculars . I cant sing enough praises about these incredible bins . I know there a bit pricey but trust me there well worth checking out . The image stabilising system works fantastic at full zoom really holds the image nice and steady no tripod needed :thumbs: . There 12 x36 so more then up to the job and super light and nice fit in the hands.

cheers stu
I have a pair of 18 x 50 Canon's with image stabilisation. Crazy expensive but utterly brilliant, 18x magnification is perfect if its not shaking. I can read off so much more than with my wife's boggo 10 x 50.
they really are incredible bins mate . I have had a chance to zoom in on some high flying civil stuff today one touch of the button to stabilise the image and its crystal clear with no shakes what so ever superb bins worth every penny :thumbs:

jem60

Post by jem60 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:17 pm

I have a pair of Canon 10x30 IS Bins. Superb. I tried a friends 18xsomething or other CanonIS and found them far too heavy for me, bulky, and with a VERY small field of view, and, as mentioned, hugely costly!!! If I was chasing a close aircraft with them, it would be out of sight before I could find it!!. Each to his own preference of course.

C-Harvey

Post by C-Harvey » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:03 am

Something to think about when using whatever you buy.
Combine with Mike's advice, get a reclining garden chair (& footrest); and rest the back of your upper arms against your chest whether standing or not. If you haven t already bought a pair, find some with rubber eye pieces.
Remember; learn by rote. ;-)

deerhunter

Post by deerhunter » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:37 am

I have a pair of 8 x 42 swarowski a lot of money but worth every penny. I use them for wildlife/bird/deer watching , took me ages to save for them but glad I did.

To be honest I was left some money years ago and bought some 8 x 50 Swaz but traded up about 6 months ago to the new El range. Glad I did, optics are superb.

Dave
Canon 5D Mk4 plus long lenses, and lots of hope!

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Pune

Post by Pune » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:21 pm

Try out Meopta...you won't regret it...
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

Mick Lewis

Post by Mick Lewis » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:45 pm

For anyone wanting to set out or update their binoculars, I can recommend Konus Sporty 10 x 50 focus-free bins. I wear glasses and can use them. They're light but effective. Best bit is the price tag of less than £40. Ordered from OutdoorGB.com and delivered in 48 hours.
Mick

Jackaroo

Post by Jackaroo » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:04 pm

I'll back up Stu52 on the the Canon 12x36 ISIII...just got a pair for my birthday. They are the canine's privates. But much better. Been studying aircraft in the Heathrow stack over the back of my house and with the magic button pressed the detail is striking. Recommended!

Return to “The Newbie Forum”