Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Nesscliffe training area

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Shawbury and Ternhill here
fat-albert

Nesscliffe training area

Post by fat-albert » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Had a quick drive around the area today as I know there are a few confined areas that the helicopters land in but wondered if anyone could give me details of these areas and how to get to them?

I know pigeon wood seems a popular place and not 100% sure if I was close to it today so wanted to double check for future reference.

Thanks for any help!

Ewart

Re: Nesscliffe training area

Post by Ewart » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:14 pm

http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafshawbury/rafcm ... 6C21A9.jpg

Have a look at that map fella. It's not super high resolution, but with some Google maps and local knowledge you should be able to figure places out.

AndrewBarclay

Re: Nesscliffe training area

Post by AndrewBarclay » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:32 pm

Travel along the A5 from the direction of Shrewsbury heading towards Oswestry after about 7 miles you arrive at the village of Nesscliffe look for a sign for Pentre this is very close to Nesscliffe Camp.

Near to the camp is The Royal Hill Public House which is on the banks of the river seven, when I was last at the pub they had numerous signed photographs of F3 Tornados
crews who had enjoyed their hospitality, in the bar is a wooden butchers table etched with marks showing the length of salmon caught which correlates to 15lbs 20lbs and I think the largest was 30 lbs caught by the water bailiff.

Return to “RAF Shawbury & Ternhill”