Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

My first visit to WAVE ;)

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Waddington here
hunterxf382

My first visit to WAVE ;)

Post by hunterxf382 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Well after a brilliant weekend on-base as part of the groundcrew on G-FFOX (Black Hunter T7) and Neil McCarthy's JP - I fulfilled a promise to John and popped round on the departures Monday once we had packed up on site... It was worth it - made to feel very welcome by John and he even fed us - top bloke :thumb:
It's a great place you have there John, you should be proud indeed - if only other airfields followed your example and catered for the enthusiasts in this way :thumbs:
Had a 2 hour drive ahead of me to get back home or we would have stopped there longer, but now that I've been there once, I will return again (probably 2013's show but the wait will be worth it...lol)
The whole Waddington experience was memorable for all of us on the aircraft crew - first time for a lot of us apart from Neil McCarthy who's been there most years with the JP :) Seeing the photos coming out of our Hunter is great - worth the hard graft cleaning & polishing her and getting 3rd place on static was the icing on the cake for us....
Anyway - enough waffling - nice to meet those that I did at WAVE - and you can find me on facebook where my on-site photos show what we got up to.... :D

PS: We were obviously in the right place at the right time for the Phantom departure - seeing the entire take-off and high speed circuit from WAVE just couldn't be beaten.... what a place to view from :thumb:

Pete Buckingham
Pete Buckingham
Ex-RAF Groundcrew
http://hunterxf382.weebly.com/

Flyingmonster

Re: My first visit to WAVE ;)

Post by Flyingmonster » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:31 am

Pete great to see you on FC and a true pleasure chatting to you on Monday at the WAVE! Was superb of you and Alex to pop across! :thumb:

Hope your slowly recovering after your joy ride ytesterday :thumb:

Hope to catch you soon :thumb:
Cheers

Boo boo (aka Jamie)

'The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down!' - Yeager

hunterxf382

Re: My first visit to WAVE ;)

Post by hunterxf382 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:40 pm

I am recovering but it's been made rather difficult after hearing the awful news of the Bronco incident at Kemble. I was only chatting to Tony right after my arrival and have spent the evening finding out how he's doing etc... fingers crossed for him and only when I know he'll be alright will I get back to what happened to me on Monday....
Pete Buckingham
Ex-RAF Groundcrew
http://hunterxf382.weebly.com/

Return to “RAF Waddington”