Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

15th December at The WAVE

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Waddington here
reheat module

Re: 15th December at The WAVE

Post by reheat module » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:54 am

Hi John
Given the constraint of just one portacabin, I think you did remakably well.
The kitchen was busy throughout the day and it was, and always will, be a bottleneck when very busy.
I think even taking an order, being given a ticket and then waiting outside wouldn't have helped the throughflow of so many people.
In order to get more people in and dry/warm, you would likely have to sacrifice floorspace from the retail part. Not good.
The second portacabin would be a real bonus, with a seperation of the food and retail sections, allowing expansion into the current model area.
Again, with so many people at one time it was a fantastic effort all round and I doubt anyone can complain into what you put on for them.
You need that other cabin soon though, because when your lap-dancing license comes through, you won't get 200+ people in the one you have... :D
UK ONS CPI Rate checker for Sept every year... :whistle:

aviationandy

Post by aviationandy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:34 pm

I also had a good day at the WAVE on the 15th, & it was superb to see so many people turning up, hopefully to return again, & to spread the word that the WAVE is so much more than a spotters snack bar :)

Hats off to Christine, & the other lady who helped her in the kitchen, they did an awesome job of keeping everybody fed & watered all day, & at the end of the day, she was still smiling, I do not know how she does it... :O ;)

I can only echo RM's comment about needing that extra cabin space, but I do know that John is doing everything he can to secure an extra cabin, anybody know of any going spare... :unsure: :D

At last, but by no means least, the raffle, which I understand was very well received, but strangely, I have somehow won all the prizes...NOT :lol: :lol: :lol:

In conclusion my lud, I truly believe that John, Christine, & all associated with the WAVE, gave 110% to make it a fantastic day for all, Well done :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:16 pm

I'm sure John would be grateful if anyone else could help with feedback. :)

With all the visitors that day, there must be more Fighter Controllers who attended?

neilscott

Post by neilscott » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:28 pm

It was my first visit to the Wave and it was realy top notch :thumbs: :thumbs: I got there early about 1030ish after calling at Cranwell,so got my turkey cob and mince pies in early and enjoyed them. Kept going for refill's of tea and coffee. Did not get to see much in the shop or have a chat with many people becuase it was that busy. more in the coffer's for the Wave. I will visit a few more times this year as Waddo is only 40 mins drive from Worksop. Hope there is a few more movements when I next visit. Also going to the show with the family in July :thumbs: :thumbs:
Keep up the good work Neil, :thumb:

Return to “RAF Waddington”