Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Info board

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Waddington here
Bobby Jo

Info board

Post by Bobby Jo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi John

It was great to meet you today and thanks for taking the time to chat. I know we spoke about loads of ideas some more long term than others. Just wanted to remind you about the info board. I think it would be great for us spotters and passing trade if we knew what was on the ground or possibly due in. Had I not gone down the Hamston end today then I would not have come back up to see the C17 depart.

Try and get the Air Ambulance to fly in for a fund raising afternoon as well. I'm sure it would be a winner if advertised properly.

Good luck with the venture I think you will do a great job and make it real focal point. I will pm you all the conacts we spoke about too

Best

Rob

Bobby Jo

Re: Info board

Post by Bobby Jo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi John

How about a Face book page like the FC Facebook page?

flyingslug_0

Post by flyingslug_0 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi John, It was great meeting you the other day, "Airwaves 2010" is just great :thumbs: Just a thought, I for one would like the chance to buy batteries for my scanner, cards for my camera etc etc. How abouts a "WAVE membership" (for a small fee) members can get email updates, first shout on publications, maybe tickets for the airshow...not sure if the base can help you with that. How about an evening B B Q when night flying or late flying is active. Just thoughts but as a member of a club makes me feel "special".......no jokes please :D :D

Regards

Craig

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:15 pm

Here's the Facebook link for you all -

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 2508196434

Steve

flyingslug_0

Post by flyingslug_0 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:15 pm

Sorry John, Paula my wife just said a sit down/pato area where wives/girlfriends can relax whilest us guys can take our pics :thumbs: also maybe we can plug our laptops in ane be connected to the web so we can work or more importantly upload our pics to "FighterControl" :thumbs:

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Sat May 01, 2010 8:58 pm

People will definately appreciate being able to pick up the serials of something they missed, so that's a winner!

Steve

Ben Montgomery

Post by Ben Montgomery » Sat May 01, 2010 10:46 pm

John,

You are definitely onto a winner with this, and everything you are doing! :thumb:

It's fantastic to see someone being so friendly and proactive to help out spotters and photographers - I'm sure the WAVE will just be getting more and more popular! :thumbs:

Ben

Macc

Post by Macc » Sat May 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Ben Montgomery wrote:John,

You are definitely onto a winner with this, and everything you are doing! :thumb:

It's fantastic to see someone being so friendly and proactive to help out spotters and photographers - I'm sure the WAVE will just be getting more and more popular! :thumbs:

Ben
That! :clap:
If only we had a an xAVE at every air base with as good staffing as you!

headset 57

Post by headset 57 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:23 pm

Well done to your new venture, and own slot on the board!.

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Mon May 03, 2010 7:23 pm

Softbill Man wrote:
I am also thinking about asking the MOD if they will give me a second cabin to put on top of the existing one with a balcony for spotters and photographers to have a better view of the base. I hope i can do this as it will give views that no other base can provide.
Now that is a fantastic idea!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe it's never been thought of before :blush: :blush: :blush:

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Mon May 03, 2010 7:24 pm

If the room extension is turned down, how about a raised area over by the fenceline closest to the approach?

I'm thinking something similar to John's field at Mildenhall, if one of the Milly locals can help out with a picture to illustrate the idea?

Saves taking your life in your hands by crossing the road. Ask Terry Senior, Triplex, about being a "hood ornament" :'(

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon May 03, 2010 7:52 pm

My head is thinking "why doesn't John open up the "Sunset Waddo Bar" where topless women drink free and he writes down the arrival times of everything on a surf-board sticking-up out of the sand,does 2 for 1 rum and cokes all afternoon(with free Heineken) and has a reggae band playing all day while we all dip our toes in the lapping warm waves"

Only a suggestion John ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
See you soon buddy.

T_J

Post by T_J » Tue May 04, 2010 11:11 am

Hi John,

Will you be open during the airshow and the arrivals/departure days? I know that the usual routine is to close the WAVE during that period. It seems such a shame for you to lose business. I appreciate that the car park has to be closed, otherwise it would cause traffic havoc, but surely the shop could stay open for pedestrian access? All you have to do is put up a sign at the entrance. There is a substantial amount of people traffic that view from the outside. A couple of signs up near the threshold would bring the customers in? Probably fall foul of the authorities though that don't want to encourage people on the busy roadside?

An idea for exhibit on the grass? About a month ago I noticed an F-4 Phantom tail fin just up from the Lincs Air Ambulance area. It was by the gate on some pallets lying on its side. Worth a small walk up to see if it is sill there? It seemed to be in some special coloured markings? Possibly something that you could contact the station about?

Cheers

TJ

headset 57

Post by headset 57 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:35 am

Well if you had loadsa donuts then i'm sure my fellow law enforcing colleagues would drop in for refs. You need to get in with local old bill :thumb:

T_J

Post by T_J » Wed May 05, 2010 9:58 am

Hi John,

No problem. All the best with the authorities!

Cheers

TJ

headset 57

Post by headset 57 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:57 am

Softbill Man wrote:Had a guy in today who is going to help me get in touch with a liason officer and see where we can work together on some of my ideas, so fingers crossed :thumbs:

Hi headset57 which station do i contact for advice and info mate??

Thanks in advance
John
First point of contact is the RAF Police at waddington themselves.
Ask to speak to them about someone coming over and giving you some general crime prevention advice, and invite them over for a cuppa, that way you'll get to know them and they can reguarly 'patrol' the wave, which they have jurisdiction over as it's MOD property.

For all directory enquiries within RAF Waddington, please call 01522 720271.
Security Squadron RAF Police
Security Squadron provides RAF Waddington with all its police and security requirements. It supports and assists in all aspects of Station life, including provision of operational support both at home and abroad. Its headquarters, situated opposite the Main Guardroom (MGR) is where the Squadron's administrative staff, Counter Intelligence and Special Investigations personnel carry out their work. The Military Guard Service provides control of entry service, whilst 24 hour RAF Police cover is provided and contactable via the Operations Room located in the MGR. The Squadron has a large Military Dog Section responsible for dog patrols of the Station.

MDP Ministry of Defence Police
are the MoD's civillian Police Force and also have jurisdiction at Wave!, although they may not have a unit nearby, but again may well have a homebeat officer on the base, a good contact to have, as again any problems are gonna be there's to deal with.
http://www.mod.uk/defenceinternet/about ... police.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lastly, the locals are very good too, especially the neighbourhood team who patrol the area daily, another excellent source and resource to use to your advantage, again a friendly tea stop goes a long way. Similarly they can advise on crime stuff and may even be amenable to doing some community policing work at the Wave, make them work for you. especially if you can agree on some opening hours during the show week! etc...
Lincolnshire Police:
Bracebridge Heath West Neighbourhood Policing Team

Bracebridge Heath Police Station
London Road
Bracebridge Heath
Lincoln

Tel: 0300 111 0300
Email: bracebridgeheathwest.npt@lincs.pnn.police.uk

You can also contact an individual officer on their mobile phone. See our Meet The Team page for individual contact numbers.
http://www.lincs.police.uk/Contact-Us/N ... ath-West-/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd certainly invite the RAF Police and NPT up for a chat and a cuppa, it will pay off in the long run too especially
If your' prepared to maybe put up a poster or 2 for the them with contact numbers to report anything suspicious as they love that sort of thing...

P.S. I'm down at Heathrow and am on the NPT here and always chatting up spotters, being one myself; but when i'm up there i'll pop in and say hi, just put a brew on fella!...

headset 57

Post by headset 57 » Thu May 06, 2010 10:23 pm

No probs!, as your gonna be open at the weekend tell them that and they'll have another tea stop for when the on base restaurants shut. Also i'd include the Fire crew in this and ask them to pop over and give you some quick fire prevention advice, again your probably paying your ' rates' to the MoD and they have a duty of care to yourself and property, on the plus side they usually have about 5 fire fighters on the truck and could eat and drink you dry! :thumb:

Let me tell you once a shift of coppers find a quality tea stop you'll have to give them their own 'police bay' especially if they're traffic!... :pop:
Hope all goes well and i think you're onto a winner being on this site. :clap:

pako-2008

Post by pako-2008 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:40 pm

Softbill Man wrote: i hope to park an aircraft on there as well so they could picnic under the wings, but that is in the very very very early planning stages. LOL
I saw that there is a Lightning for sale that someone posted over on UKAR, I thought it could perhaps be of an interest for you.
http://www.ramco.co.uk/uploaded/stock/L ... csheet.pdf
Regards
Aaron
Cheers
Aaron

aviationandy

Post by aviationandy » Thu May 13, 2010 7:29 pm

Too late I'm afraid, I've just put my granny on e bay, the T5 shall be mine... :lol: :lol: :lol:

captain scarlet

Post by captain scarlet » Thu May 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Info board is a great idea john especially as i saw it for the first time today. :thumb:

Had an excellent ham & tomato roll followed by a blueberry muffin, compliments to the chef!

Richard :pop:

ps - sorry for putting my KC135 pic below yours. :whistle:
Richard

Captain Scarlet is indestructable, you are not! Remember this, do not try to imitate him.

Return to “RAF Waddington”