Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Thefts from shop

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Waddington here
blakey

Re: Thefts from shop

Post by blakey » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:10 pm

John, i think you need to keep clarifying that the WAVE is not under threat from closure (how do people read between the lines, when its in black and white) :huh:

John said the shop may close, NOT the carpark (WAVE) and NOT the food side of the cabin

Chin up mate, you've got a very good year ahead of you :thumb:
Lee Blake

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Post by garyscott » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Unsure if that was directed at me or not, but if it was, i meant the WAVE in its entirety, nothing to close etc. :)

deerhunter

Post by deerhunter » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:37 pm

[Please keep on supporting us and we will keep providing as mush as possible;
Does this mean peas

Or is it a tryping mistook?

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Canon 5D Mk4 plus long lenses, and lots of hope!

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

tonkatom

Post by tonkatom » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:49 pm

cant believe this story!! people stealing magazines from a military enthusiast's buisness such as youres john :grr: hope there caught and shamed.
May the skies be clear and blue and the wind fair with a guiding star to steer by.

Flying Warden

Post by Flying Warden » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Softbill Man wrote:It gets worse.
when will it stop???

John :(
When the courts start handing down decent punishment John. :@
Fly low, Fly fast, watch out for speed cameras.

deerhunter

Post by deerhunter » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:24 pm

When the courts start handing down decent punishment John.
John, Barbara and I were absolutely gutted when we read the news. Its :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

Trouble is the courts have their hands tied by so called guidlines, I know is of littles consolation to you.....but this magistrate is trying to redress the balance. Take care, see you soon

Dave

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Nikon

Post by Nikon » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:29 am

Softbill Man wrote: ... but when will it stop???
John :(
Well of course it won't, and in time never has in reality, surely you appreicated the risks, especially in such a remote location, and as such it cannot be such a surprise? Retail property (particularly) has to put up with theft and attempts regularly unfortunately, not least as it is blatantly obvious when premises are unoccupied. You can only invest in good locks and keep things out of sight of prying eyes as best as possible. CCTV may help, but they may even steal the whole system if that’s the desire. Sad but life.

BOLLO

Post by BOLLO » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:39 pm

The big surprise is that its from"our lot" not the chavs . :( :(
http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?phgid=SHED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LOADES
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... _entry=140+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at last

What do cry when we see The Man With the Stick???

Hawks922

Post by Hawks922 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:52 pm

deleted
Last edited by Hawks922 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

polecat29sqn

Post by polecat29sqn » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Hi John

Sorry you had all the problems mate, hopefully with the new security that will be the end of it.

All the best
Garf

captain scarlet

Post by captain scarlet » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Why the hell would someone pinch the waddington frequencies page when they are actually there and you could tell them?! What a :grr: !!!! :(

Beggars belief mate, keep going john, i'll be down soon to give you some special abuse! ;)
Richard

Captain Scarlet is indestructable, you are not! Remember this, do not try to imitate him.

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:41 pm

Surely if you just wanted to run a cafe that could have been done so in numerous other areas of Lincoln and now money has been spent on cameras there will be no repeat of these thefts or at least culprits can be caught. Not having a go personally but genuine enthusiast shops are few and far between surely before closing the shop down and denying enthusiasts, could you look at selling it as is and having a cafe elsewhere. Again this is not a personal attack John I enjoy your posts and my visits to the WAVE and understand that margins are tight but why take on a shop and cafe and then close its unique selling point.

deerhunter

Post by deerhunter » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:39 pm

could you look at selling it as is and having a cafe elsewhere.
Pardon???????????????????

John you do whatever you think is right, if you feel the shop must close then for your own happiness do it. If you turn it into a seating area it will still be a focus for those who value the WAVE and will still be supported by the decent aviation enthusiasts (even Captain Scarlet :P )

Take care and keep up the good work

Dave and Barbara

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Nikon

Post by Nikon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:09 pm

Softbill Man wrote: When i took on the business, i was told by the previous owner that the gift shop wasnt worth having.
I'm sure this is true, and as you already stated, it is more trouble than it's worth. Why not set up an eBay shop, with collection only maybe? Get shot of your existing stock, and just stock in future the top 10-20 products to the enthusiasts. Nothing need be on view that way but you service the locals and broaden your catchment?

Gooner_Ant

Post by Gooner_Ant » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:10 am

I feel if John want's to take his business forward and turn it into a more profitable business however he see's fit then he should do so whichever way he pleases. John will still get support from his regulars, which surpisingly are not all aviation fans and go there for the food and banter. The Waddington Aircraft Viewing Enclosure is not exclusively for enthusiasts despite what some think and many of these regulars support John when there is no flying or the weather is poor.
Why should a man, his family and his business suffer as a result of mindless crime? John has made some good contacts whilst owning the WAVE and I am sure if asked nicely, John could probably source some models/kits or know of somewhere you could get them?

I hope all turns out well John whatever you decide. :)

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity!"

XPLUMBER

Post by XPLUMBER » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 am

John,

I'm sorry to hear of your further problems.

Such a darn shame, I hope that whatever direction you choose to go in you'll have the support of the vast majority of genuine aviation enthusiasts!

Good luck.
CANONs carried by an ARMOURER!

hangars are for shirts!

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Thank you for your explanation John appreciate it and glad you didnt take it personally, just asking questions which is what forums are for. Agree with the state of Lincoln and its businesses the council seems to get it all wrong. I know I personally buy something often when I visit and assumed that from the amount of people posting about Waddo that if most did the same that business would be more brisk. People are right it is your/Johns choice what he does and I know WAVE is not just for enthusiasts, like with airshows, we are a smaller minority just think it is sad that an ethusiasts shop is being lost but am obviously on my own.

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:11 pm

I'm very sorry to hear about this. An idea though, get No. 8 Sqn on the case and have an AWACS Security System on the case, would have said 51 Sqn would have been an idea but sadly as we all know the Nimrods have retired. Also what about getting a Sentinel to trace/track down the culprits.

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:47 pm

Unknown74 wrote:I'm very sorry to hear about this. An idea though, get No. 8 Sqn on the case and have an AWACS Security System on the case, would have said 51 Sqn would have been an idea but sadly as we all know the Nimrods have retired. Also what about getting a Sentinel to trace/track down the culprits.
Just try and be serious for once, this isn't a thread about politics - it's about John's business and the thieving gits that are trying to take his livelihood away from him and his family.

By the way it's Sentinel and not Sentinal. :grr:

7gb1

Post by 7gb1 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:05 pm

very pleased to hear that John.
Gordon

Return to “RAF Waddington”