Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Zvezda "White Swan" 1:144 Blackjack

An area to show all your in progress models.

Moderator: Flyingmonster

aviationcafe

Zvezda "White Swan" 1:144 Blackjack

Post by aviationcafe » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:52 pm

Hello,

After purchasing this yesterday I've decided to use this kit as a boost/kick up the backside for the mojo, I'm aware my track record of starting builds but not finishing them isn't good but this is a kit I have wanted for a while now..

ImageIMG_9082 by John Rooney, on Flickr
ImageIMG_9084 by John Rooney, on Flickr
ImageIMG_9086 by John Rooney, on Flickr
ImageIMG_9088 by John Rooney, on Flickr
ImageIMG_9091 by John Rooney, on Flickr
ImageIMG_9092 by John Rooney, on Flickr
ImageIMG_9094 by John Rooney, on Flickr
ImageIMG_9096 by John Rooney, on Flickr

Thanks for Looking!

John

paddyboy

Re: Zvezda "White Swan" 1:144 Blackjack

Post by paddyboy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi John :P

You can count on little ol' me to keep following this build and kick your mojo up the backside :lol:

Best regards and bring it on :thumbs:

Patrick :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

aviationcafe

Post by aviationcafe » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:45 pm

Hello,

A little update due to being extremely busy in work and trying to arrange photo shoot's with bikes etc.

After three or four trips to Hattons I finally remembered the correct Vallejo colour code for the interior green which is 70.838 "Emerald" so have assembled the pit and seated it into the bottom half of the fuselage, also I have test fitted the wings & top half to get a general idea on the size of the kit, will also be touching up the interior paint (even though you won't be able to see it properly).

ImageIMG_9513 by John Rooney, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9516 by John Rooney, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9518 by John Rooney, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9520 by John Rooney, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9522 by John Rooney, on Flickr

Hopefully a few more updates before the weekend is out!

Thanks for looking

John

P.S it's silver at the moment due to Humbrol 11 being the only paint I had in at the time.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:15 am

Hi John :P

Thanks for the update ;)

I have never understood just why Soviet aircraft have that lurid base colour on the inside of their aircraft :lol:

Cheers

Patrick :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

PaulN

Post by PaulN » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:40 am

John

Coming along , but I have to ask why do you paint the airframe before assembly :S I do hope you are not going to hand paint over that silver , as it has a tendency to lift and mix as you paint :S

PB The Soviets consulted thier trick cyclists and that was the colour they deemed most relaxing to crews on long flights :S :S

Cheers :thumb:

Paul

aviationcafe

Post by aviationcafe » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:28 pm

PaulN wrote:John

Coming along , but I have to ask why do you paint the airframe before assembly :S I do hope you are not going to hand paint over that silver , as it has a tendency to lift and mix as you paint :S

PB The Soviets consulted thier trick cyclists and that was the colour they deemed most relaxing to crews on long flights :S :S

Paul
Hi Paul,

Painting or priming the airframe before building the kit up is something I've always done, think its more since I built a few "white plastic" Revell kits a few years ago as I was living in a flat and had no spare room to spray using a rattle can and no matter how I used a brush the paint would never adhere to the plastic.

I've got a little airbrush kit here and also some Humbrol/Tamiya Gloss/Matte White in a rattle can to spray the kit once I've built it or use Vallejo Model Air White, the only parts that will be hand painted are the flightdeck/wheels!

Although no photo's at the moment but I've joined the top/bottom half's of the fuselage's and set the wings in the fully opened position.... providing this is finished & I can find away to attach it to the Motorbike it should be at the show at Cosford in April!.

Thanks

John

PaulN

Post by PaulN » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:14 am

aviationcafe wrote:
PaulN wrote:John

Paul
Hi Paul,

Painting or priming the airframe before building the kit up is something I've always done, think its more since I built a few "white plastic" Revell kits a few years ago as I was living in a flat and had no spare room to spray using a rattle can and no matter how I used a brush the paint would never adhere to the plastic.

I've got a little airbrush kit here and also some Humbrol/Tamiya Gloss/Matte White in a rattle can to spray the kit once I've built it or use Vallejo Model Air White, the only parts that will be hand painted are the flightdeck/wheels!

Although no photo's at the moment but I've joined the top/bottom half's of the fuselage's and set the wings in the fully opened position.... providing this is finished & I can find away to attach it to the Motorbike it should be at the show at Cosford in April!.

Thanks

John
Hi John

Very interesting how different modellers approach things ist it :S Surprised no bright spark has written a dissertation on it :lol:

I have been building kits for over 50 years now and very rarely feel the need to prime anything , but I would have thought that priming before assembly could make adhesion a problem , paint+glue dont always mix . plus you have to rub it off when filling joints :S It obviously works for you which is the main thing :thumbs:

Good luck with the build , hope you get it to Cosford :thumb:

Cheers

Paul

Return to “Work In Progress”