Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Which Glue?

Any questions on modelling techniques? Post your query here.

Moderator: Flyingmonster

cj9ru

Which Glue?

Post by cj9ru » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi

Having recently started modelling again after a 30+ year break :whistle: I have a request for some info. I have bought a few resin pilots . One for my 1:32 Hawk and two for my 1:48 Tonado. Which type of glue would be the best to use to stick these together? Tried a couple and not great results! :Oops:

Suggestions very welcome.

Chris

ArabJazzie

Re: Which Glue?

Post by ArabJazzie » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:28 pm

Short answer, Super glue!

There is a type(CA - stands for something i really cant type atm!) you get that allows you a bit of manipulation before adding some "kicker" which sets it. Like the other thread ive just replied to, i also believe you can use Gator Grip, but its not something ive used myself on resin.
Arabest,
Geoff.

cj9ru

Post by cj9ru » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:22 am

Thanks. Will give that a go.

Chris

TS010

Post by TS010 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:26 am

Cyanocrylate (super glue). There are many different compounds available, thin, thick, gel, the list goes on. Cyano and epoxy (araldite) type glues are just about the only things that will stick resin. One advantage of a 5 minute epoxy is that you can adjust the position of whatever you are gluing before it sets. When you've got 5 minutes have a go with different types until you find one you are comfortable with.

cj9ru

Post by cj9ru » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:43 pm

Thanks.

Bought a couple of super glues to try. Will try gluing a couple of bits of the spru together first.

Chris

Return to “Technical - Tools and Tips/Walkrounds”