Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

East of England 2018 Show

For general modelling chat and discussion.

Moderator: Flyingmonster

Tronk 11

East of England 2018 Show

Post by Tronk 11 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:54 am

Hi Folks,
A week today the Peterborough Scale Model Club will be hosting its annual show. We are now at the
Voyager/Queen Katherine academy's and all procedes are donated to the schools chosen charity. :thumb:
We have nearly 60 clubs attending and nearly 30 traders attending, so plan a trip and come along to support the biggest model show in the east of England. We even have clubs from as far away as Cumbria attending this year :O

All of the details for the show can be found on our web site at:
http://www.peterboroughscalemodels.co.uk

Come along for a fantastic day and modeling experience :Wow: :Wow: :Wow:

Tronk 11

Re: East of England 2018 Show

Post by Tronk 11 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:51 am

Just to give you an idea of the size of the show we have for you. 3 years ago we had to order 100 tables for the clubs attending. This year we have had to order 200 tables! I'll let you do the maths.

reheat module

Post by reheat module » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Tronk 11 wrote:Just to give you an idea of the size of the show we have for you. 3 years ago we had to order 100 tables for the clubs attending. This year we have had to order 200 tables! I'll let you do the maths.
OK, I'll have a go...
Year 1 = 100 Tables
Year 3 = 200 Tables
Table Delta 200 - 100 = 100
Therefore, over the given timescale, the table requirement has doubled.
QED

Apologies: wishing you the very best for a great event, hope it is well supported and the Charity(ies) benefit. :thumb:
UK ONS CPI Rate checker for Sept every year... :whistle:

Tronk 11

Post by Tronk 11 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:53 pm

Thanks for the maths lesson, I should have know better. :'(
Just to let people know as of this minute its all systems go for the show. Just keeping our fingers crossed that everything will be ok. The local routes are bus routes so have been gritted and clear, :clap: just the school may be icy. We'll try and keep everyone updated on the situation the beast hasn't beaten us yet. ;)

Tronk 11

Post by Tronk 11 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I am sad to say that we have just taken the decision to cancel this years show. What with the weather the way it is with all the ice and freezing conditions we thought it would be the safest decision to make. Also the school cannot guarantee that it will be open at the weekend.

So upset at making this decision but it's the safest way

Return to “Modelling Community”