Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

What an idiot

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Unknown74

What an idiot

Post by Unknown74 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 am

Bob Ainsworth must be as crazy, stupid and mad as Duncan Sandys, while Sandys seemed intent on scrapping all manned fighters like the Lightning and have defence of the UK with Missiles, Ainsworth seems intent to have the RAF equipped with UAVs. Typical Politicians.

Tooks

Re: What an idiot

Post by Tooks » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:16 pm

Without wishing to sound like a Bob Ainsworth apologist (a more odious man would be hard to find IMO), isn't he just the messenger in all this?

Recently announced decisions have no doubt been in the pipeline for a long time, and the Chiefs of Defence Staff must have rubber stamped them? I would be very surprised if the current administration, in the current climate, would take away something that the Chiefs said were essential to the aims and objectives of the current campaigns and the near future?

Health/Education/Policing/Defence usually have a big say in what happens to them... It isn't some MOD/HO/DOH/DFE mandarin who wields the axe, they merely tell them what money they have (or don't!).

But I agree, Bob Ainsworth probably is an idiot anyway!! :P

HighlandSniper

Post by HighlandSniper » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:35 pm

I make no secret of my utter contempt for Messrs. Brown and Ainsworth, but I must also voice my disappointment at the apparent readiness of the current (and last) Chief of the Air Staff to roll over and play dead whilst the RAF is hacked apart by the government.

When cuts are proposed to the Royal Navy or The Army, there is generally a hard fight, and changes have been reversed on occasion. Why is it therefore that the RAF seems to accept cuts without any protest? ACM Sir Spineless Torpy seemed almost to encourage some proposed cuts - especially the Jaguar and Harrier - whilst ACM Dalton seems to be equally lacking in guts and rigidity as to appear almost invisible at this dark time.

What must our NATO allies think of us - especially the Septics - I think our esteemed (not) leadership have made us a laughing stock, yet The Right dis-Honourable Vileness Brown will continue to kiss Pres. Obama's backside and do his bidding just as the Poodle Bliar did with President Bush before him.

A sad state of affairs.

swingy

Post by swingy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:10 pm

Idiot is too kind.

coward is perhaps more apt for not standing up for those he is supposed to represent

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”