Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Todays flood events.

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
old_git

Todays flood events.

Post by old_git » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:47 pm

I've been listening all day to Kinloss ARCC and other frequencies as the flood events unfold.

i have to say that i am incredibly impressed with the committment and work rate of the rescue chopper crews.

At one point rescue 122 had at least 3 rescue's in a queue whilst winching a man off a roof.

Others including Rescue 125 have worked tirelessly today rescueing people and i even heard a dog being rescued.

We are very lucky to have these teams there for us when these kind of events unfold.

So whilst i sit hear high and dry, well done to all the rescue teams out there busting a gut to save lives above and beyond.

Geoff

Mike

Re: Todays flood events.

Post by Mike » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:00 pm

Well said Geoff,I feel desperately sorry for all those poor people who have lost everything and especially sorry for the widow and 4 children of the policeman that sadly lost his life keeping people from using that bridge.Well done and thanks to all the rescue crews for everything they've done.

teeonefixer

Post by teeonefixer » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

3 a/c from Valley were launched in 65-70mph gusts - scary !

thainoodle

Post by thainoodle » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:05 am

We sent one back from Kinloss to Valley yesterday, the pilots seemed a little bit nervy. Not suprising considering what they were going to have to land in!

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”