Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Kamov KA-32 Helix - Could nt believe my eyes.

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
F3

Kamov KA-32 Helix - Could nt believe my eyes.

Post by F3 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Half an hour ago was in the kitchen making a coffee after my siesta when the sound of a chopper brought me out into the garden. Expected to see a Wokka but what came low over my estate (ht. approx 500 ft) was unmistakably a Kamov KA-32 Helix C in orange + white livery heading in a southerly direction. Living under the flightpath to Doncaster/Sheffield airport I wonder if it was going there. More importantly did anyone else clock it or was I dreaming? Something you don't see every day S.Yorks.
Anyone able to enlighten me as to what it was doing, where it came from or anything at all about it as am most perplexed.

David Thompson

Re: Kamov KA-32 Helix - Could nt believe my eyes.

Post by David Thompson » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Went north yesterday and reported here ; viewtopic.php?f=8&t=168436 .
Called in at Doncaster/Robin Hood/Finningley northbound and a nice photo on our Civilian Aviation Forum ; http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum ... 192#p99192 .
Probably heading back to Shoreham ?
Youth is wasted on the young !

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Might be civvy ( :grr: ) but it's a stunner :O
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Fastwalker

Post by Fastwalker » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:26 pm

Yes , saw it yesterday near Tuxford while working on the railway. I was expecting to see a Chinook flying low and waiting for it to appear over a tree line only to look further up and see a Kamov 32!

Tiger 1

Post by Tiger 1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Seen today from the M1 at 15.15pm local transiting South over Worksop.

Civvy yes... but I can't help agree with paddyboy... it does look very smart.

T1

EGNV

Post by EGNV » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:50 pm

I saw this as well... I was working in Catterick Garrison on Wednesday when, as described a distinct sound of a low level choppa engulfed the surrounding area. I was expecting to see a low level Chinook as it was a similar sound and they usually operate around the area, but to my surprise I saw what has been said above.

Civvy but awesome looking machine :thumb:

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”