Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

MIRAMAR AIR SHOW 29 SEPTEMBER 2018

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Geoff Hyde

MIRAMAR AIR SHOW 29 SEPTEMBER 2018

Post by Geoff Hyde » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:36 am

A family holiday in California means it would be rude not to miss this show. However, looking at their web page they are indicating that only "CLEAR BAGS" will be allowed. So presumably that means no camera cases etc. Anybody come across this suggestion? Problem finding a clear bag in the UK so do I chance entry with my camera case?

pg1610

Re: MIRAMAR AIR SHOW 29 SEPTEMBER 2018

Post by pg1610 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:55 am

Geoff
on the FAQ it states
"Photography and camera equipment are allowed. Also, in order to keep the entry lines moving along, you’ll want to bring what is only absolutely needed. There is no special permission required. You also want to keep in mind that if you’re in the Preferred Seating areas, you can’t block the view of other patrons"

from this i would GUESS camera bags of some description MIGHT be ok but as a lot of people found out at Oceana last year large bags were being stopped
I guess its all about how much kit you need to take

I will be taking camera and 400mm attached and 18-270 for static in my pocket or in my wifes bag

as for the plastic bag (taking an assumption you are in the UK) Primark were(March/April) selling a range of clear plastic bags that look like those in the pictures on Miramars Website

I fyou need anything more PM me

hope this helps
phil
Phil

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”