Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Hunting the Fast Movers! - your sightings and data

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
SpeedFanatic

Hunting the Fast Movers! - your sightings and data

Post by SpeedFanatic » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:05 pm

Hey,

long time lurker here. This is my first thread and first post on here.

Ok, let's think about fast moving birds that crossing the skies on high speeds :)
In the beginning of 2011, a group of aviation enthusiast from England(and possibly from other places too) came with interesting topic on MilitaryPhotos forum. There was a specific member "2495" that led all the discussion. Howewer, soon afterwards he disappeared from the scene. Group from England had one aim - to disocver the fastmover that roves through UK airspace by the decades. They've spent over 14 years on watching and making conclusions and finally they decided to show results of their work.

Their thread called "Hunting the Fast Movers" included photos of supposed fastmover(s) that were roaring through the UK airspace. The file included 6 pics. Unfortunatelly, OP post was deleted later.

Here is original "2495" post that I've found using Internet archive.

--- --- --- --- ---

First a point I'd like to make – very important point actually. At no time has any serving member of the UK (or any other nations) Armed Forces spoken to, engaged in, or in any way assisted us on our project. It has been done exclusively by civilians who have acted within the laws of the United Kingdom at all times – this includes remaining on public land / waters for all excursions. (Please note also that the photos clearly are not the originals nor high resolution and the hi res will never become available either. Reason being that this wasn't an exercise based in malice / monetary gain in any way shape or form).

The second point I'd like to draw to peoples attention is that for many decades it has been proven beyond all doubt that the CIA, NSA, NRO and all other agencies protect their SAP (Special Access Projects) behind a wall of obfuscation and deceit, and since the 'U-2' and A-12 (later to become SR-71) they have used the field of ufology as an effective counter intelligence firewall. The murkier the better as far as these agencies are concerned, and for us it is a validation of the fact that this area is a very valid research tool if you are selective about the materials you gather.

It was after years (literal years) of sifting, sieving, discarding, interviewing and traveling to follow the most promising leads we got a focus target area. This was the 'Black Triangles' mystery – and what a can of worms. There is enough material in that alone to chase a potential 8 in test / operational vehicles of varying forms / uses. However the work served a purpose and funneled us downwards to the core of what we wanted to investigate. I am sure many are familiar with the topic.

What appeared after a time was a very resounding pattern.

Cornwall – Mysterious sonic booms shaking windows and high altitude lights heading towards Wales.

Wales – high altitude black triangles rushing over head with a single strobing red light light on the underside. North Wales sightings were of particular clarity.

Scotland. The cluster of sightings and audio reports from here was astounding in detail, witness integrity and sheer numbers. Reports ranged from 'Space shuttles with snubbed noses' , 'Massive 'S' shaped curves being carved in the skies', night time 'express trains' roaring through the air and the sudden rash of 'Low level Tornado flights deep in the night along side a deeper more rumbling engine sound heading East'. Girvan, Stranraer, they all started to trickle in reports. Oh one snippet from a report of interest from 2008 - “If a C-17 goes low westward in the day time over Girvan wheels down, its an absolute100% caste iron guarantee of a night time rumbling roaring sound”. We are not sure why this is so urgent unless its bringing in fuel / fresh crews or other needed items for the mission but it actually did assist us some what.

Pattern became clear enough – It comes in high, very high over Cornwall, gets lower over wales and hits Scotland at altitudes low enough to be visible. We decided we should start to organize a hill walking holiday.

Then the tragic events of 9-11 in New York and the Global War On Terror. Fast Black triangles and air quakes didn't just hit the UK any longer – they moved down the eastern coast of the UK and started to creep across Europe, into eastern Europe and aimed right at the middle east.

Eye witnesses from the North Sea into Europe once again reported an extreme fast ' black arrow head with a single red light' and the characteristic shaking windows. Further into Europe it again became a single extreme speed pulsing red light and no noise. Climbs to altitude and races off is our boys signature and we knew it had in all probability gone from test article / dust off research craft to fully pressed into use – but we had no concrete sightings in the ME or Afghanistan.

Then pay dirt dropped into our laps.
First the grape vine started to rumble with rumors of a very unusual airframe making sporadic stops in Afghanistan.

What ever this was it came in with zero engine noise onto a blacked out runway – just a rush of air and thumping heavy landing. On take off it sounded like a 'B-1b with an attitude problem' – again though when it lifted off it was on an all blacked out runway.

Then a Civilian in Afghanistan was taking photos of the stars in long exposure, and there it was – the single fading in and out red light crossing the skies. Taking the exposure length we knew it then.

If it was a test article, it was now operational and we knew for certain why the black triangle low level sightings had it as silent; it is, but only when landing approach is being made.

Hope you like the montage. Yes the engines are mounted above the wings, yes the hull is a flattened shallow 'V', and it indeed has a single tail not a pair unlike the SR-71. (The pictures are free to share / use but please remember they are low res for a very valid reason – the underside thermal protection system and hull shape is unique and we agreed that for the time being is should stay under wraps. We were not looking to damage any assets, just to find them).

The picture on the top left shows the shovel nose to perfection and the top right is one of the rarer out at sea 'Space shuttle like' 's' curves and airframe re-entry like flight profile. These really were baffling and the last reported sighting was yesterday evening (28th Feb. 2011).#1

Is it loud? Ungodly bastards yes it is. Is it fast? Jaw dropping acceleration into the night sky. Does it land in silence? Yes it does.

I saved the best till last.

It might have two of the biggest loudest jet engines I have ever heard that fling it skywards, but theres a third engine on board – the ear splitting roar? Its a rocket engine. Yes you read that right – the airframe climbs into the dark sky and away, then a sudden 'pop – rolling boom followed by a deep bass rumbling' and the bright exhaust signature Sprints into the night.

If you do hunt it, take a stop watch. The numbers are beautiful.

Thats all folks – a twin seat manned high speed aircraft getting lots of use – airframe numbers are low, 6 at the very most from sighting frequency / locations but they getting lots of air time. If you think all this is pie in the skies?

--- --- --- --- ---

Source of the photo: http://deepbluehorizon.blogspot.com/201 ... -real.html

What you guys think about it?
Do you have any sighting reports or any other data to share? Something was visiting UK many times in the past... what was it? We don't know. All what we can do is to try to find it out... Let's solve the riddle!!!

wezgulf3

Re: Hunting the Fast Movers! - your sightings and data

Post by wezgulf3 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:27 pm

This is all very interesting, but I just can’t believe that in the social media ridden Aviation hobby we now live in that this sort of thing isnt a more known about entity. Saying that, the StealthHawk that was used to take out Bin Ladden seems to be hidden well.

This has potential to be a very good discussion too..

Wes...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32846945@N06/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jem60

Post by jem60 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:37 am

Sorry. Very, very sceptical about this. I cannot take seriously the fact that of all the thousands of people in the Military, of many nations, who must have heard/seen/been involved with this 'project' absolutely NO-ONE has leaked it to the press. NO-ONE!!!. For thousands of people to be so secretive is against human nature. Sorry. Urban myth as far as I am concerned.

gamecock

Post by gamecock » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:27 am

Oh come on jem, next you'll be telling us the earth is a sphere. If only we'd actually gone into space to prove it one way or another....

jem60

Post by jem60 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:52 am

:) :)

Blackjack56

Post by Blackjack56 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:16 am

I have no doubt that aircraft like this exist,after all why would the U.S retire the blackbird without a replacement?,there will always be a need for a recce platform that doesn't have a predictable track or timing as satellites have,after all the west has to keep an eye on states like Iran and North korea plus china and of course Russia,i do however agree that with almost everyone having a device with a camera in their pockets it is surprising that more evidence isn't forthcoming but of couse these flights will be from remote airfields at a time when most people are tucked up in bed!we must remember that the F117 was"secret"until the gulf war.Thank's for a very thought provoking article SpeedFanatic.

gmc007

Post by gmc007 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:20 am

The Sunday Post had a few articles about these 'fast movers' in the early 90's.

toom317

Post by toom317 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:06 am

jem60 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:37 am
For thousands of people to be so secretive is against human nature. Sorry. Urban myth as far as I am concerned.
What about the SR71 and F117? And who knows what they've got hidden away at Area 51. Maybe some folk can just keep their mouths shut, and not looking for their 15 minutes of fame.
No one gets out of life alive.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts

jem60

Post by jem60 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:11 am

I can understand the secrecy surrounding Area51, but this 'aircraft' has been deployed all over the place, not just involving Area51. Therefore, as I said earlier, thousands of people are keeping their mouths shut???. To me, this has as much credence as the Duke of Edinburgh's plot to kill of the Princess of Wales, using the S.A.S. I used to be an optimist, but now I am a sceptic. A sceptic is an optimist with experience. I cannot get excited over this. Sorry.

Blackjack56

Post by Blackjack56 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:22 am

Maybe the people involved with the aircraft understand the need for secrecy,i would have thought that they have been"vetted"and picked accordingly,on top of that anyone"blabbing"would lose their job and pension and maybe risk a term in prison?good incentives not to rock the boat i think.

jem60

Post by jem60 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:51 am

I realise all you say, but I suspect it is not at all difficult to make an ANONYMOUS 'phone call, send an anonymous letter or send an anonymous picture to the press without revealing your source.Nothing of this importance would stay secret for so long. I personally don't believe it, but if you wish to, that's fine. All will eventually be revealed [or not]

Fastwalker

Post by Fastwalker » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:31 pm

jem60 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:37 am
Sorry. Very, very sceptical about this. I cannot take seriously the fact that of all the thousands of people in the Military, of many nations, who must have heard/seen/been involved with this 'project' absolutely NO-ONE has leaked it to the press. NO-ONE!!!. For thousands of people to be so secretive is against human nature. Sorry. Urban myth as far as I am concerned.

On a similar theme what of the 'stealth' helicopter used in the Bin laden raid ,that didn't have to be leaked to know that it exsists.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:13 pm

jem60 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:11 am
I used to be an optimist, but now I am a sceptic. A sceptic is an optimist with experience.
I like that :thumb: (I also noted the Steve McQueen one the other day :) )

T_J

Post by T_J » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Blackjack56 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:16 am
we must remember that the F117 was"secret"until the gulf war.
The F-117 was made public knowledge during November 1988.
November 8, 1988
Pentagon releases indistinct first photo of the FSD-1 to the public confirming the F-117A's existence.
https://www.f-117a.com/Timeline1.html

April 3
The Air Force reveals more about the aircraft, including costs, dimensions, detailed color photographs, and motion picture footage.

April 21
More than 100,000 people attended the first public display of two F-117A's at Nellis AFB.
https://www.f-117a.com/Timeline2.html

During August 1990 F-117s deployed to Saudi Arabia in the run up to the Gulf War during 1991.

Amp

Post by Amp » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:14 pm

F117 also flew in the Panama ops pre 1990.

Supra

Post by Supra » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:49 am

Forget the dreamy descriptions of 'Space Shuttle' & 'Black Triangle'. From the images shown it's just a Saab Draken with the front chopped-off in photo-shop!
Hell, the centre-shot was probably taken at the jets' final display at Air Fete. For those watching in black & white, it was red overall with a white diagonal-stripe! That Sunday at Mildenhall is probably to blame for the rash of 'Night-shoots' these days! :whistle:

Agent K

Post by Agent K » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:48 pm

Supra wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:49 am
Forget the dreamy descriptions of 'Space Shuttle' & 'Black Triangle'. From the images shown it's just a Saab Draken with the front chopped-off in photo-shop!
Hell, the centre-shot was probably taken at the jets' final display at Air Fete. For those watching in black & white, it was red overall with a white diagonal-stripe! That Sunday at Mildenhall is probably to blame for the rash of 'Night-shoots' these days! :whistle:
Exactly my thoughts too, Draken....

Also these stories lose a bit (lot?!) of credibility to me when it's mentioned they were seen over Afghanistan, where of all recent combat theatres it is not needed or required.

UKADGE

Post by UKADGE » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Take a closer look at the 2 center Photos... (The other shots are of a SR-71 and something else.. supposedly) Its a GTD-12 Drone as used operationally with B-52 mother-ships... Possibly.. A single Ram Jet for power, with a detachable rocket pack for acceleration to Ram Jet operating speed. The GTD-12 was un manned, Stealty and supposedly expendable after dropping a Photo pack in friendly Airspace. If the reports are to be believed in any form at all.. It may have been kept in service a lot longer that is reported , to have had a more sophisticated Recon System and be recoverable.
I FEAR NOTHING 'NIL TIME' 501 SQUADRON MOTO.

KIT MVT-7100 BCT 15X and indispensable VOXCorder on PC

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Isn't the F-117 still being flown out in the Groom Lake area, or at least it was up until recently? Enthusiasts managed to snap some long range footage of a pair of F-117s on the taxiways there. I know that the type was officially retired yonks ago, but there must be a reason for them to still fly the type? If there were any other weird and wonderful aircraft out there then it seems strange that they haven't also been captured on film???

TankBustef
And there's plenty more where that came from!

Vulcanone

Post by Vulcanone » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:09 pm

There was some suggestion earlier this year (can't remember where) that they were finally going to dispose of the F-117 fleet.

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”